0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Loudlon's Tab Corner!

LoudLon [moderator]
Ooh, yes, Screaming Trees! I'll put 'em on the list. Which is really short right now, by the way, so requests or suggestions are always welcome.
LoudLon [moderator]
New submission: Nirvana, On a Plain.

I miscounted earlier. NOW I only have two tabs left to go on Nevermind (Polly and Something in the Way – saved the easiest two for last ).
IamMark
Quote:
Ooh, yes, Screaming Trees! I'll put 'em on the list. Which is really short right now, by the way, so requests or suggestions are always welcome.
Is Shinedown's “If You Only Knew” on that short list?
LoudLon [moderator]
Yep!
LoudLon [moderator]
Which reminds me, here's what's left on my so-called request list:

Shinedown - If You Only Knew
Blondie - The Tide is High (Live)
Screaming Trees

But I feel like I might have forgotten to write a couple of them down. It's not like me not to write a request down, but contrary to popular opinion, I'm not perfect. Hardly believable, I know, but still…

Anyway, if anyone has given me a request that's not listed above, don't hesitate to remind me.
IamMark
Excellent Blondie tune! I may have a go with that when you're done with it.
LoudLon [moderator]
Well, the version I'm tabbing (requested by Mari7) is over seven minutes long. It may require more than one go.
Sidsquishus
oh, sorry. I didn't realize it was so long when I urged you to tab Mari7's request. I saw that you done the intro and thought that perhaps a slight nudge could get you do the whole song - didn't realize it would a lot of work.

hopefully, it has a repetitive structure and you can say, repeat verse, repeat….

And thanks for the tabbing!
LoudLon [moderator]
Nothing to be sorry about, Sid. I'm the one who said yes LOL

It's going to be a complicated one, though. I've ran through the song half a dozen times so far to tune my ear to the bass, and unfortunately the bass gets lost several times under the other instruments. The clearest part is a roughly one minute-long bass interlude, which is actually rather simple. But the final sections of the song and during certain interludes, the bass sounds like just so much fuzz.

So I have a few options here.

1) I could say screw it and not write the tab because there's no way it would be accurate because of the stretches where I can't make anything out, but I'd be making a dick of myself for agreeing to honor a request only to renege on it.

2) Submit what would be an incomplete tab with entire sections omitted, which would gnaw at my over-analytical and obsessive nature to the point where I end up eating a bullet to free myself of of the weight of such wholly encompassing and soul-consuming shame.

3) I could tell Mari I'm sorry for failing to deliver, and that I'll accept TWO other requests from her to make up for it.

Think I'll go with that last one.
johnny [staff]
which song is this?

Reply to this thread