0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

How did you get into bass playing?

A friend had sold one to me after his hip-hop group broke up, still playing all these years.
After teaching in the public schools and singing opera for 22 years I took a guitar teaching class and tried to play “Sweet Home Alabama” on the bass. I could do it! Bought one within a few months and I love it!! It's my favorite thing to do, and I want to learn every song I play everything I hear when I watch TV and try every song I can think of for fun. Played Grandma Got Runover by a Reindeer with my middle school chorus today, and even though I am not good yet, they thought it was fun to sing while I tried it.
Raggz
I'm actually a guitar player, but after watching bass players from japanese rock bands, I bought a bass and learned it immediately.
zelda18
My older sisters ex boyfriend played bass and I thought that was soooo cool so I got one myself and I fell in love.
jakecwb
Guitar Hero…after playing it with my son 4 or 5 years ago, i thought that i could do better, so i went out and bought my first bass at the ripe old age of 38 and have played every day since
darkhorse
I started playing “air bass” when I first listened to the Green Day song “Basket Case” back when I was a youngster.It just slammed on me,I don't know why.Then,my parents bought my first bass on a Sunday evening as a reward for my good efforts in school.It's just a dream come true,I believe,or maybe it was something-or Someone else…
Had a friend that gave me a beat up Bass hanging out in the basement, got it fixed and playable, and have been hooked ever since.
I had been playing drums for twenty-some years with my brother on guitars. For my b'day he gave me an old bass he had laying around for years for me to mess around on. From that day I put down my drumsticks and have played the bass everyday since then (over 3 years now).
My son left his bass here 3 years ago so I started taking lessons 5 weeks ago and lovin it!!!
And I'm 62 years old!

Reply to this thread