0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Who's the biggest influence on your style and sound?

My biggest influences would be Flea from RHCP, his awesome bass lines and his slap based playing influenced me quite a bit. And then I'd say my father because it was his bass I first played on and he teached me a lot o things.
johnny [staff]
I'd say billy sheehan. I'm not nearly as good as him though.
linkinpark232
Quote:
My biggest influences would be Flea from RHCP, his awesome bass lines and his slap based playing influenced me quite a bit. And then I'd say my father because it was his bass I first played on and he teached me a lot o things.

I feel like all slap players pick Flea. I kinda think that he's overrated but I still like him. Some people that don't even know what a pop is say that they love to play RHCP stuff, how do you play RHCP without knowing a pop? Hahaha I still like him though
Marko1960
Flea can only dream of slapping like Louis Johnson, the inventor of Slap and Pop
Quote:
how do you play RHCP without knowing a pop? Hahaha I still like him though
Of course I play slap and pop, I even prefer pop over slap but most people I talk to about this understand that I mean both, sorry if it was confusing.
linkinpark232
Quote:
Quote: how do you play RHCP without knowing a pop? Hahaha I still like him though Of course I play slap and pop, I even prefer pop over slap but most people I talk to about this understand that I mean both, sorry if it was confusing.

I never said you don't know how, I was just saying some people say they play the bands stuff but when I ask them about pops they think it's when you slap it a certain way
linkinpark232
Pops sound better to me so I guess I prefer them over slap also
Marko1960
You have to slap AND pop, it's a complete system. I'm not a fan of slap and pop, to me it was just an embarrassing fad like the fashion to wear your bass right under your chin back in the 80s. There's only one song that I'll play with slap in it and that Take The Power Back by Rage Against The Machine, check it out
Marko1960
Quote:
I'd say billy sheehan. I'm not nearly as good as him though.
Who is lol
linkinpark232
Quote:
You have to slap AND pop, it's a complete system. I'm not a fan of slap and pop, to me it was just an embarrassing fad like the fashion to wear your bass right under your chin back in the 80s. There's only one song that I'll play with slap in it and that Take The Power Back by Rage Against The Machine, check it out

Yeah that's true, you can't just pop it. However Fieldy of Korn just slaps 97 percent of the time. But I've never been big on it neither.

Reply to this thread