0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Tech Guys

Marko1960
Wish I had a gas oven to stick my head in, anybody know where Johnny is?
johnny [staff]
hey man! I'm here - i'm really sorry that I didn't respond to your PM yet, i'll get on it! I have my PhD defense on 1st of june so I'm really busy these days. after that I'm all yours guys!
IamMark
Doctor Johnny!
Marko1960
Sorry to bug you dude, good luck with the PhD
All the best defending your Thesis, Johnny!
mr zee
peoples opinions on action preference.
I recently bought a second hand (2002) samick jazz bass which had a very low action and whilst trying it out found it difficult to play. Holding the strings down with my left hand was normal but because i'm quite heavy handed and move the strings a lot they kept rattling on the neck, so something that's ideal for one man isn't for another. Its all down to an individuals playing style
IamMark
As I get older I find I prefer low action.

My G&L probably has the highest action of all my basses, but I get tired playing it quicker than any other.
2nick3
How long is it OK to have a neck with no tension on it? It's time to start the cleanup/refinish on my latest find, and I'm not sure about having the neck off the body for a few weeks.
Quote:
How long is it OK to have a neck with no tension on it? It's time to start the cleanup/refinish on my latest find, and I'm not sure about having the neck off the body for a few weeks.
No problem if you adjust the trussrod so the neck is about straight without strings.
IamMark
Electronics question:

My high tone pot is going bad on my G&L L-1000. There are three knobs. A volume, a high tone and a low tone. If I'm going in to replace one pot, i'd like to replace all at the same time. Bass is 29 years old.

I can see on the high tone (the pot giving me problems) is a 250k pot. But there are no markings on any other.

What should I be looking for to replace the others? (I know there's different shaft lengths and diameters to look for, but I'm wondering more about type of pots and controls).

Links to suppliers would also be very helpful.

Reply to this thread