0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Tech Guys

Guinny
Sounds good. I am really torn between using the Lace Alumitone pups or going with the musicman humbucker. Still not a 100% sure what I will end up going with. That musicman growl is really nice, but these Alumitones…

I've also gone with ash body and maple neck. What you have said about the string through I agree with and I'll be doing the same.

I'm not sure when this project will come together but I will post pics from time to time.
Marko1960
The string through needs to be at the top of the list, by far the most effective move I made, and definitely ash or alder. I got my ash from a joiner I know who makes sash windows. It was 8“x2” and four feet long, he gave me it for £20 which was a bargain. I cut it in half and clamped the two together, I have another mate who's a joiner and he owns a planer/thicknesser so he came in handy. The biggest mistake I made was buying a cheap bridge, it was four separate saddles but cos it was cheap the grub screw adjusters lasted about ten seconds
Marko1960
I'm gonna sort the headless out but I've come to another decision, I've always wanted a 59-65 Precision, can't afford the five grand plus price tag though so I'm gonna build one. I'll start with the neck, I've found someone who's got some American Rock Maple, he's got three bass lengths left, they're a bit highly figured though with flaming and birds eyes which you won't find on an original but the least figured one isn't too over the top. He's got some Pau Ferro for the fingerboard as well. I've sourced some Clay dot markers which are essential and a heel end mounted cross head truss rod nut. I'll be using one of the aftermarket two piece truss rods as the originals involve a lot of work and once it's inside the neck nobody will notice the difference. I'll be doing the veneered fingerboard, which isn't actually a veneer but the top of the neck is curved over and the fingerboard curved over that, a lot of work but I want this thing to fool even Leo and if it works well I might knock a few out
Guinny
You are an ambitious man, Marko. I don't know where you find the time.
Quote:
You are an ambitious man, Marko. I don't know where you find the time.

yet he does
Marko1960
I'm not doing any private plastering work anymore so found a bit of time there, got to keep busy
Quote:
I'm not doing any private plastering work anymore so found a bit of time there, got to keep busy

seems to be doing the trick

Reply to this thread