0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Band Name

SeanCe
Personally, I've never been in a band. But I've always had a name in mind for if I did join/form one, and that name is “As Seen On TV”. Can't really remember how I came to think of it, but that's what I'd suggest
Airhorn
I like it! will suggest. we have a list to pick from! not complaining!
Me and a group of buddies thought of outburst. Thoughts?
LoudLon [moderator]
Sounds good if you're a rock, metal, or punk band. But if you're doing Miley Cyrus covers, maybe rethink it.
2nick3
Quote:
But if you're doing Miley Cyrus covers, maybe rethink it.

That sentence stands on its own. Except for the (sad) fact you'd probably be in demand…
Any thought on classic rock covers. or maybe little bit guns n roses or the eagles
LoudLon [moderator]
Guns N' Roses, I say stick with the classics. Pretty much anything off of Appetite For Destruction, Patience from G N' R Lies, a couple tracks from the Use Your Illusion double set. They've got a lot of good stuff but modern audiences really only know them from those big radio hits. You go dropping a deep cut like Move To the City or Coma and nobody's going to know what you're doing.

Eagles – I got nothin', not a big fan.

Classic rock – Depends on your definition of “classic rock.” Being in my 40s, I grew up with the term “classic rock” applying to stuff from the ‘60s and ’70s - The Who, The Rolling Stones, Boston, Steely Dan, Lynyrd Skynrd. Today's generation considers classic rock stuff from the ‘80s and ’90s. I remember how bad it stung the first time I heard Nirvana referred to as classic rock LOL

So give us an idea what classic rock era you're talking about and I'm sure we can hook you up with plenty of recommendations.
70s or 80s. My father laughs at nirvana being classic rock. we are (the band) thinking of playing wild thing by the troggs.at our first gig
LoudLon [moderator]
70s and 80s, okay. Here are some off the top of my head, not accounting for skill level:

Bon Jovi - Livin' On a Prayer, Wanted Dead or Alive
Twisted Sister - I Want To Rock, We're Not Gonna Take It
Boston - More Than a Feeling, Don't Look Back
Van Halen - Runnin' With the Devil, Aint Talkin' Bout Love
Kiss - Lick It Up, Strutter, Rock and Roll All Night
AC/DC - Back In Black, Hells Bells, You Shook Me All Night Long
Scorpions - Rock You Like a Hurricane, Big City Nights, No One Like You
Journey - Pretty much anything
Foreigner - Hot Blooded, Double Vision, Urgent
Queen - Another One Bites the Dust, Killer Queen, We Will Rock You
Quiet Riot - Bang Your Head, Cum On Feel the Noize
Golden Earring - Radar Love, Twilight Zone
Ozzy Osbourne - Crazy Train, Bark At the Moon, Flying High Again
Judas Priest - You've Got Another Thing Coming, Breaking the Law
Def Leppard - Photograph, Foolin', Rock of Ages – actually pretty much anything of theirs from the'80s
Ratt - Round and Round

I'll stop there so as not to hog the thread and let some other folks chime in.
Than you so much! any thoughts on band names though

Reply to this thread