0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Your Favorite Song To Play

Ares
Good taste's everyone. I forgot to post my favorite song to play. It has to be Don't Fear The Reaper by Blue Oyster Cult, it's the first song I learned on bass and the song that got me into music so i will always have a spot in my heart for it.
I am a beginner bassist, and I love to play “Santeria” by Sublime. I also like anything from Pink Floyd, as they are my favorite band.
adog312
The Super Mario Bros theme is really fun to play. Longview too.
Ur boi
Gotta be Feel Good Inc. The riff to that thing is fire.
LoudLon [moderator]
Like I said, I don't have a single favorite that I play, but when I do jam, which I try to do for at least an hour a day, it's a guarantee I'll include at least a few of these:

Nirvana - Lounge Act, On a Plain, In Bloom
Metallica - Battery, Of Wolf and Man, The Outlaw Torn, Fuel, Master of Puppets, Dyer's Eve
Anita Baker - Sweet Love
Pseudo Echo - His Eyes
Shivaree - Goodnight Moon
Alice in Chains - Nutshell, Would, Godsmack
Stone Temple Pilots - Interstate Love Song, Big Empty, Plush, Sex Type Thing
Smashing Pumpkins - 1979, Bullet With Butterfly Wings, Zero
White Zombie - Black Sunshine, Welcome to Planet Motherfucker/Psychoholic Slag
Soundgarden - Burden In My Hand, Outshined, Fell On Black Days, Spoonman
Rollins Band - Tearing, You Didn't Need
Sacred Reich - The American Way
Skid Row - Monkey Business, Youth Gone Wild
Heart - Magic Man, Little Queen
Ozzy - Bark at the Moon

Plus whatever new songs I might currently be into. Back when I first replied to this post, it was the new Stone Temple Pilots song, Meadow. Right now, it's The Hit Man by Ethan Brosh, which came out in '09 but I only heard for the first time recently on B-Movie TV (and yesterday submitted a tab for ).
Ares
Lon, you have over 600 tabs. I'm curious, do you remember how to play them all?
LoudLon [moderator]
Not all of them, no. I'd say I'm probably in the area of 60% full recall of the songs I've tabbed so far. I don't know if that's good or bad. I just know that there's no real rhyme or reason to it. Like, I can remember every note when I play Master of Puppets, which is really complex, but I might have to refer back to the tab for Lionel Richie's Truly, which is really simple.

Plus I'd say at least 1/3 of my tabs, maybe more, are requests I filled. And a lot of times when I fill a request, it's not a song I personally have an interest in playing. They're just songs I saw on the request list, or maybe was asked for via PM, so I gave them a listen, thought I could figure them out, and filled them. Like the song Hot Cherie by Hardline was a request, and while I didn't have a problem figuring it out, it's not really my cup of tea, so I didn't bother memorizing it. If I were to try and play along to it without looking at the tab first, I'm sure I'd get a lot of it wrong lol
Ares
I know what you mean Lon, it's easier to remember songs you have a greater passion for.
LoudLon [moderator]
Pretty much, yeah. You said it more succinctly than my verbose ass did.
Ares
I don't mind it Lon, I prefer in depth responses (:

Thread locked

This thread has been locked by an administrator.