0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Beer garden

MotorMog
If you want something that can do P,Jazz and MM give the G&L L2000 some consideration, couldn't be happier with mine and you will like the chunky neck I reckons

IamMark
I love my L-1000, but I'm considering trying out a fender J bass. I'll keep my G&L mind you. Never get rid of that.
mr zee
give the G&L L2000 some consideration.

Might be a great instrument but Nah. Its the baas' that I had in my youth that I want
MotorMog
Quote:
give the G&L L2000 some consideration.Might be a great instrument but Nah. Its the baas' that I had in my youth that I want

Gotcha , Grabber then

MotorMog
Quote:
I love my L-1000, but I'm considering trying out a fender J bass. I'll keep my G&L mind you. Never get rid of that.

I've done the reverse from jazz to L2000 , couldn't get on with the single coil pickups in the jazz so fitted humbuckers and its a definite keeper now
IamMark
Quote:
I've done the reverse from jazz to L2000 , couldn't get on with the single coil pickups in the jazz so fitted humbuckers and its a definite keeper now
I think your style and genre of music you play is more aggressive for the single coils of a Jazz bass. You definitely should appeal to those beefy humbuckers more.

I've never played a Jazz bass before, but the clean tone is something I know would fit well in many of the songs I'm playing with my current situation.

What worries me is the neck of the Jazz bass looks pretty thin near the nut. I don't like when the strings are bunched up too close.
MotorMog
Quote:
Quote: What worries me is the neck of the Jazz bass looks pretty thin near the nut. I don't like when the strings are bunched up too close.

Nut width is really narrow as is the radius, once you get below the 3rd fret the width of the board is about the same but radius still very shallow .

String spacing still feels the same though and I have no trouble picking up either ,but they are two very different beasts both in feel and tone

MotorMog

Spent the afternoon drinking in here ,looks like we're on for a gig in May
IamMark
I miss the pubs in England.
mr zee
Gotcha , Grabber then

That's the one with the sliding pickup. if my memory serves e right they did two other grabbers with diffo pups and then there was the ripper with the oblong head stock

or ric

Reply to this thread