0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Chris Squire of Yes RIP!

johnny880
Quote:
I once stood in a queue in the passport office in Liverpool for eight hours having hitch hiked over the Pennines overnight, that was a living hell…didn't get my passport either, forgot my birth certificate!
That would be a total piss off.
MotorMog
Donnington monsters of rock ( now download festival ) was my longest road trip

Back in 1992 I had a 950cc Ford fiesta , with 3 other mates and camping gear the 200 mile 3 hour trip took about double that as we chugged up north

Back then it was still a one day event on the Saturday, but you camped Thursday - Monday and just got royally messed up

These days I can't be arsed with all the hassle of travel , so just stick to the local stuff

good times
Marko1960
Looking at the flyer, was it worth it?
Quote:

As long as the smiths were not there, then yes it was
MotorMog
Quote:

18 years old and had an absolute blast , Donnington was the holy grail back in those days for Rock n Metal

MotorMog
No Donnington in 93 so it was off to Reading Festival (when it was still a rock fest)

And Metallica at Milton Keynes Bowl ,was pleasantly off my tits in the scorching summer heat and supping dodgy cider

Back in those days we had only had a couple of festivals and now you can't nobody move for em
Marko1960
New Order and The Banshees, did you go into pleasure overdrive? My son was a regular at Reading, he was there for the Foo Fighters first gig, they were in a tent and he spent forty minutes shuffling down to the front, when the band came on there was a surge and two security men lifted him out for his own safety and ejected him from the tent
MotorMog
Reading 94 was a petty killer line up and little did I know that our now drummer was playing the mainstage !!!!!

Here he is on MTV , very 90s !!!!

And now reduced to playing beer festivals and pubs in a punk cover band with me

Ha ha ha

Marko1960
Quote:
Quote: Looking at the flyer, was it worth it? As long as the smiths were not there, then yes it was
I get the feeling Leonard Cohen is your thing
Quote:
Quote: Quote: Looking at the flyer, was it worth it? As long as the smiths were not there, then yes it was I get the feeling Leonard Cohen is your thing

F**K ME, Leonard Cohen is a breath of bubbly fun packed fresh air compared to miserable Morrissey and that s**t he used t be in called the smiths

Reply to this thread