0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Style

LoudLon [moderator]
I would agree a pick gives the illusion of being louder, but really all it does is make the note more crisp and thus more clear to the ear. Big difference between tone and volume, though.
Quote:
I would agree a pick gives the illusion of being louder, but really all it does is make the note more crisp and thus more clear to the ear. Big difference between tone and volume, though.

Good point. I didn't mean louder as in more volume, but louder as in easier to hear.
Been playing fingerstyle the 4 years I've been playing but really wish I'd put some time into learning to play with a pick… feeling really limited not being able to get that attack which a pick gives you
MannyIII
Its rough, making the transition to a pick. I try playing songs or riffs i know really well but it hasnt clicked yet.

Practice practice practice
I never knew it could be so difficult for people to learn to use a pick. I mean, it's so simple compared to fingers
Leiria
Fingers only. I dont really like playing with picks and I actually find it hard to do. Also the kind of stuff I play sounds way better with fingers. Sure, it takes more time to be able to play certain songs, but its worth it IMO. I like the extra challenge
just3boyz
I don't think the hard part is using a pick as much as making the switch after years of playing finger style ya know?
The problem is your muscles are like “dude…what are you doing?” cuz they're use to playing a certain way.
I've been running into similair problems with my right hand lately.
It's so hard to brake bad habits, let alone trying to learn a new approach.
Habits are hard to break, indeed. Right now I'm trying to learn economy picking and that's kind of annoying since I always want to alternate on the next string

Reply to this thread