0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Show your videos on YouTube

Quote:
Quote: Getting a spot with the band on stage is one thing but to sell them tank tops!!!! I can't tell if that is just plain genius or you are one cheeky bass player Dunno. They asked for the tank tops themselves, one by one. They're willing to pay, but I'll give them away for free. I'm on their guest list, so I don't have to buy a ticket.

That is priceless Jay! It shows just how cool your tank tops are if the band are willing to pay for them.
Brilliant news being on the guest list and getting in for free, nice trade for the tops i think.
Marko1960
I had to google it cos I thought surely not! My definition of tank top is the totally un cool low cut woolly jumper without sleeves that were big in the early seventies, I was a skinhead however and wouldn't have been seen dead in one, Ben Sherman, braces, Levi Sta-Prest and Doc Martens for me. Google came up with vests so now I'm relieved. By the way, being 16 in 76 I lived through the Punk era
LP
Jay is a true entrepreneur! My bass playing tank top hero!
MotorMog
Quote:
I had to google it cos I thought surely not! My definition of tank top is

Quote:
I had to google it cos I thought surely not! My definition of tank top is the totally un cool low cut woolly jumper without sleeves that were big in the early seventies, I was a skinhead however and wouldn't have been seen dead in one, Ben Sherman, braces, Levi Sta-Prest and Doc Martens for me. Google came up with vests so now I'm relieved. By the way, being 16 in 76 I lived through the Punk era
We're from the same year. From ‘78 to ’83 I was responsible for a youth bar. I organised quite a few gigs for (starting) punk bands. To me it was a good era.
LP
The pic of Lemmy, now that's a TANK TOP!!!
Quote:
The pic of Lemmy, now that's a TANK TOP!!!

Now that's a tank top you wouldn't argue with
Marko1960
Quote:
Quote: I had to google it cos I thought surely not! My definition of tank top is the totally un cool low cut woolly jumper without sleeves that were big in the early seventies, I was a skinhead however and wouldn't have been seen dead in one, Ben Sherman, braces, Levi Sta-Prest and Doc Martens for me. Google came up with vests so now I'm relieved. By the way, being 16 in 76 I lived through the Punk era We're from the same year. From ‘78 to ’83 I was responsible for a youth bar. I organised quite a few gigs for (starting) punk bands. To me it was a good era.
I was working at the local steel works at the time, some of the lads were going to see a band in Middlesbrough, I was gonna go aswell but backed out at the last minute, the band were The Spots…Sex Pistols On Tour Secretly. C'est la vie
Marko1960
Although I was mad about the Pistols, the original line up that is, I was more into Rock, bought my first bass in 76, there was a band on my estate and they parked their Transit van not far from my house, I bought the bass, an SG copy, not an EB3 copy, it just looked like an SG but with bass strings and a 34" scale, from the bass player in this band, they were called White Spirit and the lead guitarist was one Janick Gers, who went on to join Iron Maiden and he's still with them now
LP
“From ‘78 to ’83 I was responsible for a youth bar. I organised quite a few gigs for (starting) punk bands. To me it was a good era”.

I didn't really get Punk back in the day but I've learned to appreciate it more over the years. Good for you Jay helping the up & coming bands.

Reply to this thread