0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Show your videos on YouTube

How Do you go about making a video like this?
IamMark
Quote:
How Do you go about making a video like this?
I've asked myself. But Sam is keeping this a closely-held trade secret.
2nick3
This is from Friday night, playing The Coffeehouse, a special event for developmentally challenged adults. This was early in the set, so most everyone was eating, but we had a few guests who just had to get up and dance anyway!

IamMark
Nick, it looks like you all are using personal monitors, so why does your drummer have the screens?

You need to get some in-ears.
2nick3
Quote:
Nick, it looks like you all are using personal monitors, so why does your drummer have the screens?You need to get some in-ears.

Screens are for the crowd - the “floor” is a basketball court, and even with absorbing baffles on the walls the sound can really build up in the room. Plus we have one drummer (not the one I'm playing with here) who REALLY pounds the skins. I'm usually standing in back right by the drums, and my Sennheiser HD280s block the direct drum noise quite well. You'll notice the drummer also has cans on - for the same reason.

I've been thinking about going with in-ears. Any recommendations? If/when I do get some I'll get custom inserts (no need to let the tinnitus get any worse), but other than that I don't really know much about them. The ones you see on stage are just ear-buds, or fancy ear buds, but I need better than that.
IamMark
I just bought a pair of these: https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/UMPro20v2–westone-um-pro-20-monitor-earphones-clear .

Pretty good. Very comfortable. They come with the rubberized tips as well as the memory foam, which creates a nice seal. The custom fit (molds) seemed like more money than I was willing to part with. and the foams fit my ears really well.

The biggest problem I have with them is that you can't hear anything on stage. So much that our band (drummer uses these also) is now considering putting a stage mic and running it through the board, so we can hear each of us “talking” between songs.

The highs are nice and clean, and the mid-to-low range is solid. the Westone Pro 20s are specifically for drummers and bassists. There's better (more drivers) that give a broader range of frequencies, but you'll pay almost twice as much for 3 drivers, and close to $1000 for a good 5 driver monitor.

I just recently bought a Behringer headphone amplifier, so I can control the main mix and my own instrument's level through m yin-ears.

Reply to this thread