0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

First song you learned on your own ( no tabs)

MannyIII
10 years ago
Report this message
“i know ” dionne farris

Not a hard song to play but i notice that the bassline was a root and octave majority of song with some quarter and eigth notes in bridge and a couple of slides.

Figured it out on my own with a real sense of accomplishment. I know i deserve a “ were happy for you”

Lol

linkinpark232
Becoming by Pantera
Leiria
Flipper - Sex Bomb. It was going to be my first so I decided to choose something that sounded good but was very simple.
Boston-more than a feeling
LoudLon [moderator]
I don't even remember, it's been so long ago. I'm wanting to say “My, My” by Seven Mary Three but don't quote me on that.
Well, I can't remember, really, but I guess the first song I learned on bass on my own was “Ska Sucks”, by Propaghandi.
Also, Reason For Existence by Subhumans.
IamMark
War Pigs by Black Sabbath.
linkinpark232
Sometimes if I'm just sitting around listening to a song I'll pick up my guitar or bass and start messing around with it and can usually make some good progress on my own. Whenever I get stuck on a part I look at a tab and sometimes I am pretty close to the song or pretty off. But hey, a tab is just how people perceive the music, I could be right.
just3boyz
Honestly, i used tabs for years before i tried learning songs by ear. I'm pretty sure the first bass line i figured out completly by ear was black dog but i was figuring out melodies way before i ever figured out a bassline. i think the first melody i ever figured out by ear was the trailer park boys theme.
F6F Avila
Mine was ‘'Cant Explain’' by the Who, it's a very easy one.
linkinpark232
Lmao speaking of Can't Explain I was scrolling through the Who tabs yesterday and saw this: I CANT EXPLAIN TOTALLY RIGHT IN ORIGINAL KEY G BASS TABS. It has two stars, obviously not totally right.

Reply to this thread