0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Suggestions to improve the site

johnny [staff]
What other sections should the forum have?

I can currently think of three:

bass related (tabs, music)
tone (how to achieve tones of specific artists)
general (not bass or music related)
Leiria
Gallery? I know there was some talk about it. If you do end up doing it slip it into 2 parts. User stuff and artist stuff.
LoudLon [moderator]
A couple spring to mind:

- A forum for users who are working musicians; they can pimp their gigs, maybe post YouTube videos of their shows, etc.

- A tech forum to discuss building/repairing basses, discussions on equipment, gear, etc. It could also double as the “tone” category, since that's also tech-related.

I do think you'd be right to include only one “general” forum. The more non-bass related forums there are, the more focus is taken away from the purpose of the site.

My two cents.
Cheekychuck
I would like to be able to upload photos or vids without a third party website. Just drag and drop or direct upload. Not sure if thats possible, but thats my opinion for what its worth.
johnny [staff]
it is possible, however one of our directives is minimizing page loading times for everyone and we'd have to see how this would affect it. But I'm pretty sure we're never going to have the possibility to upload videos as they take up a lot of disk space and are a bitch to convert to formats that everyone can look at. Pictures should be easier, but it's not really high priority for us as there really are great services for stuff like this - imgur, youtube, vimeo
Cheekychuck
Guess I'll have to get up to speed on the computer
Sidsquishus
I'd like to be able to see when a member was last active here.

Sometimes a person will request a tab for a song that I wouldn't mind trying to tab, but it might be a good long while before I have time. Being able to see if that person is still here, versus registering and making the request then disappearing, would help in deciding if I'm going to give it a try. If the person hasn't been on the site in a long time, I would probably scratch the request off the never-ending list (unless I really liked the song and wanted a tab for myself).

I'm not talking about the last time they posted something, although that would be better than nothing; I'd like to know when they last logged in, whether posting anything or not.
johnny [staff]
good idea sid, i'll come up with a solution for this tomorrow!
IamMark
Putting pictures of naked chicks (women - just to clarify this with Marko) on websites seems to help with visitor traffic on a lot of sites.

Have we tried this? Or are we sticking with the whole “family friendly” thing?

MannyIII
I dont think that would be smart, seeing that women are bass players too. Kinda douchy

Reply to this thread