0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Does Anyone Name Their Basses?

IamMark
I call my basses dusty.

Bah dum tish.
johnny [staff]
you're like the people from game of thrones who name their swords
Quote:
Too many strings, where's it gonna end? A bass player only needs four strings, any more and you are a bassist/guitarist crossover
I don't have a problem with 4 string basses, they are nice, but I feel that a 6 string expands the possibilities and potential for my playing. I'm heading to college to get a Masters in Music performance, technology, and education. And to help me progress more to be able to shock and amaze my professors, I think showing proficient skills on a 6 string will do. Basically I'm just exploring options and testing the waters. I'm enjoying the 6 string so far, and I think I am going to keep enjoying it. Last note, the tuning is different for a 6 string bass and guitar. The guitar, as we all know, is E, A, D, G, B, E. The bass, however, is tuned B, E, A, D, G, C.
Quote:
you're like the people from game of thrones who name their swords
Love. That. Show.
lol both of my swords have a name one is vlad the impaler. the other is get to the guts. u figure out which is which
Quote:
lol both of my swords have a name one is vlad the impaler. the other is get to the guts. u figure out which is which
I have 3. A French Rapier (if I spelled that right), a Chinese Wu-Lord sword, and a Arabian Semitar. No names yet though…
Marko1960
I have one, a Japanese Shinken Katana
LoudLon [moderator]
I have a Japanese samurai sword I picked up while stationed in Hawaii (the pride of my bladed weaponry collection, fucker cost me $1500, and that was 23 years ago). I also have a Chinese lion sword, and a Thai Darb sword given to me by a former roommate, whose family was from Thailand, and who was like a brother to me (RIP, Al).

Haven't named any of them, though. In most Asian cultures, tradition dictates a sword go unnamed until it's taken a life in the course of honorable combat. And I've only killed while fighting dirty, so…
Marko1960
I used to do Iaido, hence the Katana, the Shinken is for cutting practise or Tamashigiri and therefore is a full ‘Live’ blade and sharp as hell
IamMark
I have a really nice set of stainless steel kabob skewers. I should name them. There's four of them. Tough to tell them apart, so naming them would make things a lot easier.

Reply to this thread