0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

The shortage of bassists?

Cheekychuck
The bass is the glue that holds it all together causing you to feel the music, not just hear it.
linkinpark232
I know that. I played bass for like 9 months. I figured that out before I started
Quote:
I prefer guitar. Solos are better on guitar. Simple as that. Oh and Palm muting is my favorite part. Can't do that on bass and make it sound good
You can palm mute on a bass. I can do it. It's just kinda tricky to get the amount of hand used to mute the strings well. Kinda like pinch harmonics on a bass. Difficult to get down, but when you do, its cake.
Quote:
Again, EQ and now effects. Compare the guitar solo at the beginning of Snuff by Slayer to the bass solo on Hammer Smashed Face by Cannibal Corpse. Guitar solos are just better.
Spoken like a true Treble Clef enthusiast.
LoudLon [moderator]
I played guitar for fifteen years before returning to bass. The only thing the two have in common are that they're guitars. Otherwise, it's apples and oranges as far as what can be done on either one. Guitar's great for shredding leads and being flashy, but the flashiest guitar shredding in the world doesn't sound complete without a solid bass line backing it up.
topnorm
Quote:
I played guitar for fifteen years before returning to bass. The only thing the two have in common are that they're guitars. Otherwise, it's apples and oranges as far as what can be done on either one. Guitar's great for shredding leads and being flashy, but the flashiest guitar shredding in the world doesn't sound complete without a solid bass line backing it up.

well stated! I think that ends that argument… nuff said!
linkinpark232
Nope. Device is one of my favorite bands and they don't even have a bassist
LoudLon [moderator]
Well more power to 'em.
linkinpark232
When I saw them last year I got really confused because I wondered where the bassist was, then I looked the band up on the internet and got even more confused
ok the best bassist is clearly me. followed by sid and danny. in that order. and NOT in the reverse!

Reply to this thread