0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

AC/DC TO SPLIT

Why is it always Marilyn Manson? Why not Rob Zombie, Alice Cooper, or Megadeth?
Marko1960
Posts: 3139
Cos I've never heard of Rob Zombie, Cooper was washed up before AC/DC got together and don't even get me started on Megadeth
MotorMog
Posts: 809
Oh dear is it band bashing time again kiddies

Rob Zombie has been a solo artist since White Zombie folded as has Alice Cooper from the Welcome To My Nightmare album,they have a revolving door policy on band members especially the Coop.
but both continue to put out great live stage shows and strong albums
both get the thumbs up from me.

mmmm not been into Megadeth that much in recent years and have heard a few groans about recent releases not being up to the usual standards, but plenty of life in them yet and i still love the albums from killing to youthanasia \m/

Marilyn Manson for me its forgettable stuff
i did buy the Antichrist Superstar album when it came out but it sounded to me like it was manufactured for the impressionable teeny market so i quickly moved on(btw i was 23 when it was released so maybe i didnt get it! ).

in conclusion -

Marilyn Manson is not fit to “wash up” Malcolm Youngs dishes
LoudLon [moderator]
Posts: 1900
AC/DC's had a good run. Not a lot of bands manage to overcome the passing of a lead singer, let alone actually make better music afterward. Back in Black is still one of the all-time greatest hard rock albums even now, almost 35 years after its release (IMO, anyway). If they were to split up now, I'd say they've earned the rest, and it's not like they didn't leave an incredible legacy behind.

That said, is it official that they're splitting? My understanding was that Malcolm's taking a break due to illness but that the band will still be making new music.
This is what determines a washed up band, to me at least: the same damn songs get played over and over and over again. For example, Back In Black, Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap, Thunderstruck, Rock N Roll Ain't Noise Pollution, You Shook Me All Night Long, etc. I am sick of hearing it. The bands I listen to are barely even on the radio. Yeah AcDc has a couple good albums that I have on vinyl I listen to once in awhile but maybe if everyone wasn't so big on certain bands I wouldn't hate them
Marko1960
Posts: 3139
I like their attitude to recording, all in the studio together, plug into the board and play, no overdubs, no going over and over again, one take and that's it and that's what you get, so when you hear them live that's what you hear on the album, raw
MotorMog
Posts: 809
Quote:
This is what determines a washed up band, to me at least: the same damn songs get played over and over and over again. For example, Back In Black, Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap, Thunderstruck, Rock N Roll Ain't Noise Pollution, You Shook Me All Night Long, etc. I am sick of hearing it. The bands I listen to are barely even on the radio. Yeah AcDc has a couple good albums that I have on vinyl I listen to once in awhile but maybe if everyone wasn't so big on certain bands I wouldn't hate them

Thats the radios fault not AC/DC

do yourself a favour grab a four pack and crank up the powerage album and you might get a different perspective on the band
MotorMog
Posts: 809
Quote:
I like their attitude to recording, all in the studio together, plug into the board and play, no overdubs, no going over and over again, one take and that's it and that's what you get, so when you hear them live that's what you hear on the album, raw

exactly high voltage rock n foookin roll fella
LoudLon [moderator]
Posts: 1900
Well, Linkin, I'm not looking to get in on the Manson bashing – we've already had this conversation, I'm not a fan but I also don't harbor any ill will against him – but you do realize that Manson actually meets your criteria for being considered washed up, right? I can honestly say I've heard only three of his songs get any kind of real radio play – Sweet Dreams, The Beautiful People and The Dope Show, and they're all over fifteen years old. And, that's just over half the number of AC/DC songs you listed, which means that by your own criteria, you would consider Manson even MORE washed up than AC/DC.

As for not liking something because too many other people like it, that's just being intentionally contrary. There's no substance to that. It's tokenism. A pose. If you honestly don't like something, there's no harm in that. We all have our tastes. But to deprive yourself of something you probably would like, just because other people like it too? All I can say to that is that I'm a very intelligent person, but even I can't comprehend the sense in that.

Understand, I'm not hating, here. I'm just making some observations.
Quote:
Well, Linkin, I'm not looking to get in on the Manson bashing – we've already had this conversation, I'm not a fan but I also don't harbor any ill will against him – but you do realize that Manson actually meets your criteria for being considered washed up, right? I can honestly say I've heard only three of his songs get any kind of real radio play – Sweet Dreams, The Beautiful People and The Dope Show, and they're all over fifteen years old. And, that's just over half the number of AC/DC songs you listed, which means that by your own criteria, you would consider Manson even MORE washed up than AC/DC.As for not liking something because too many other people like it, that's just being intentionally contrary. There's no substance to that. It's tokenism. A pose. If you honestly don't like something, there's no harm in that. We all have our tastes. But to deprive yourself of something you probably would like, just because other people like it too? All I can say to that is that I'm a very intelligent person, but even I can't comprehend the sense in that.Understand, I'm not hating, here. I'm just making some observations.

The most sensible comment I've read all day.

Reply to this thread