0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

The introductions thread!

Welcome mike!

Did you ever try to play a four string? Depending on genre it can be more rhythm, less notes. There are many very well known songs with only three to five different notes. Playing those songs can be fun too.
the60's
Thank you Jay!

Sadly i'm not musical and have no musical ability. I think i'd be pretty awful if i only had one string! Maybe one day i'd give it a go again with less strings as you suggest.
2nick3
Hello Mike!

I have almost 0 musical talent - when I was young my piano teacher quit on me! Really - I overheard her telling my mom there were better uses of her time than trying to teach me. But I can play bass. Mostly simple stuff, which fits in some situations, like the praise band I play in at my church. My aspirations are pretty low - I'm not the next Jaco or Geddy Lee, but I get satisfaction out of playing to my abilities. I can keep a beat, and that's most of the skill needed.

Go to your local guitar store, pick up a bass, and just play a single note to a steady beat. Since you are here there's a pretty good chance you'll get hooked!
the60's
Hello Nick,

I seriously have no musical talent but now i don't seem to have the time like i used to. What with work and family my downtime is usually left for recovery.
That said i do get the odd urge to pick up a bass (never the guitar) sometimes. When i do, my timing is awful but i do get some satisfaction from it.I stick to very simple basslines like U2's with or without you which reaches my limitations.
Hello! I'm Patti and I'm new to BBT. Stoked to find this site, needed some tabs to tackle Phil Lesh's wandering bass lines. He really digs his scales, hehe. First time playing Dead on Bass. Been playing bass about 5 years. I call my Bass my “secret agent”. It's always found behind the vocals, guitars and keyboards, yet it powerfully & profoundly flavors the song. I never used to notice the bass line, but now I always hear it first! Kinda like when you get a car and then you notice all the other cars that look just like yours! My current fave band is Muse and I think their bass player is AWEsome. I was never interested in tabs, but my guitar player just showed me how easy they really are! I've enjoyed reading these forums and excited also to try some of the lessons. Jam on!
I've been asked to join up with a few wannabe musicians who want to play ‘feel good Oldies’, i.e., doo wop, surfer stuff, Everly Brothers, etc, and especially early female artists like Lesley Gore, Anne Murray, Linda Ronstadt, etc. given the vocal talent of the female lead singer. Looking for some help/direction re: finding good, mostly accurate and/or elborated bass lines to 50's-60's-early 70's songs that I can adopt and/or adapt?
Marko1960
Quote:
I've been asked to join up with a few wannabe musicians who want to play ‘feel good Oldies’, i.e., doo wop, surfer stuff, Everly Brothers, etc, and especially early female artists like Lesley Gore, Anne Murray, Linda Ronstadt, etc. given the vocal talent of the female lead singer. Looking for some help/direction re: finding good, mostly accurate and/or elborated bass lines to 50's-60's-early 70's songs that I can adopt and/or adapt?
Look for songs featuring James Jamerson on bass, he did hundreds of them, mostly for Motown but quite a few for Stax and lots of soul ones, he was an amazing bassist who could ad lib basslines over songs he just heard for the first time
Hey all, I'm a guitarist now learning bass. Been working my way through Rocksmith for a year or so, and now I've blown that out and want to really learn.
Tabs are always my go-to for Guitar, so time to learn some Bass tabs

Mostly looking through the huge selection of Queen tabs you have right now, since I'm a big fan of their basslines.
Hello Ya’ll!!! I’m Scott been pickin and trying to learn for about three years. Have a few guitars and a nice amp. I am 45 that grew up on hair bands and metal but i like to Sing and play more classic rock southern rock amd country. HUGE Chris Stapleton fan and not so much the new country sound on the radio. Kind of a tradionaliat when it comes to music genres… i do like “some” music from just about all genres… Some more than others. I hope to just communicate and learn from other musicians so i can maybe be able to understand exactly what it is Billy Shhehan is doing with that Bass lol
Welcome ScOttieMaC!

Reply to this thread