0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Playing with Fingers or a pick?

Marko1960
I find that using a pick becomes painful after a couple of minutes, you're holding on to the thing for grim death and it starts to hurt, it's fingers for me
Twiggybass
yes i agree. it become painful annoying and i cant keep the rythm with a pick
LoudLon [moderator]
I've never had a problem losing a pick while playing guitar, but when I play bass with a pick – fast bass with a pick, anyway – at some point that pick is gonna go flying. I'll be right in the middle of something like She by Green Day and FWIT! That bitch is gone LOL

This is why I prefer finger-playing bass. It's not like you're going to send a finger flying off into the audience once you're in the pocket and chugging away.
linkinpark232
I like picks a lot more. I don't know why people are supposedly losing picks. I just throw mine, definitely don't lose them in a song
Twiggybass
i never lost a pick playing guitar but bass it tired me out and if its fast bass yup that picks is gone dudes. i cant hold onto it
johnny [staff]
i prefer the pick. I try to practice both, but I'm better with the pick.
purplez
Quote:
I play with my fingers. very very rare do i use a pick. i find it diffcult to use a pick

Same here, even on six string guitar it never felt right to play with one, I am fingerstyle atw, the tone may not be as bright but it suits my own style better.
purplez
You can put holes in them with a hole punch or a hand drill, it makes them 100x easier to hold.

linkinpark232
Try some Slayer songs with a pick or your fingers. Fingers is easier. But no you shouldn't drop your pick. I even play with light ones sometimes for certain songs. Not even kidding
LoudLon [moderator]
No, one shouldn't drop their pick – but it happens. Ever seen one of the Big Four in concert? There's a reason they have pick slots on their mics, man. Mustaine's lost picks in the middle of a song, Scott Ian, Hetfield. Hell, I've seen Hetfield lose his pick playing stuff like Mama Said and the intro to Fade to Black, Newsted used to dump his picks frequently on the And Justice for All tour. It's really not all that uncommon.

Happens to the best of us.

Reply to this thread