Probably sounds dumb, but all Bassists have a “slide jam” they like to play. Most of the slides are either really fun to play and/or just sound bad-ass. I am a fan of the slide and use them sometimes to make a bass line more fun to play. I have a few, but im sure we can all say RHCP's Give it Away Now now is fun but the main slide geta a lil old. So I threw just a few other variations of Flea's slide to break it up a little. I know a cpl bassists that go a lil overboard with em like the “80's Drummer afair with a cow bell”. Those a lil older know what im saying; we all had “that drummer” with too much cowbell.
So just wondering what others thought and what “slide jams” they might like to rip out. Always looking for fun new songs, lay it down if ya got one in mind, thx!
Not really a slide but Alright Now has that part where Andy Fraser goes right up the dusty end and back to the low end and back again, it's quite tricky. Btw Andy Fraser wrote Alright Now, a guitar anthem written by the bassist, anyone else think of another?
Yea, I was trying to think of the best way to say it in a forum title. All I mean is a song that is fun to play with some slides. The intro to Shout at the Devil by the Crue is fun too. Nothing major, just some slides are fun and sound cool.