0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

How do I delete my account?

johnny [staff]
Johnny880 - I'm on it. Sorry for taking so long, I've had some personal stuff to deal with and my day job has been hectic these past few months. I'm preparing the peronsal tabs subpage.

The Bassist - in order to delete your account please send me an email to [email protected] requesting that you wish to do so.
On second thought, never mind. I am keeping all my gear so I could start up again one day, I'll probably just keep the account in case I decide to come back.

On a related note, why is it so complicated to delete an account here? Most places have the option in the user's account settings, I think this is the first place Ive seen that doesn't.
johnny880
Quote:
Quote: When and if BIGBASSTABS ads on a page for original ideas free of chat. I will be all over that. But as a thread it doesn't work for the whole idea. To much noise. So a person puts his original idea on this page and that's it, no feedback because chat is not allowed, not much point putting it on in the first place
No point in having a new bass tabs page then is there? Holy crap man. Do you spend anytime playing bass or do you just want to trash people for there ideas and spend all your time on here ? Johnny gets it. A sub page with original ideas for people to submit there ideas and pick up on others. No useless chat but a comment box at the bottom like New Bass Tabs to submit ideas of there own on your tabs. Maybe they can rework it into something you never thought of. Or at the very least just some notes for inspiration to new bass players, ideas and so forth. Its one thing to learn other peoples songs. I get it. Its fun. But if you can learn to make up your own thing. Even better. A page like this will help those that want to write there own music. If you want to trash my idea again go nuts. I want and will post my ideas when there is a page to do so without the noise of a chat page !
johnny880
Quote:
Johnny880 - I'm on it. Sorry for taking so long, I've had some personal stuff to deal with and my day job has been hectic these past few months. I'm preparing the peronsal tabs subpage.The Bassist - in order to delete your account please send me an email to [email protected] requesting that you wish to do so.
Hi Johnny. Nice name ! The only thing I can say is thanks. I really think it would be a great addition to BIGBASSTABS. No other site I know of have has a page dedicated to original ideas from musicians. Yes there is the lessons page but that's a whole different animal. Looking forward to it and hope people will post there ideas and get some ideas of there own. Thanks Again…
johnny880
Quote:
The Bassist – Understood. As for deleting your account, I personally can't do it (I can ban, not delete) and while I'm sorry to see you go, obviously it's your choice to do so. No hard feelings. You're always welcome here. Johnny880 - As I've said to you before, the nature of conversation is occasionally to stray off-topic. Especially on the internet, it's unrealistic to expect discussion to be free of stray or side chat. I allowed you to start a second original idea thread, and you yourself have done very little with it. Our message board may not be very active, but I'm not going to allow multiple threads covering the same thing to clutter it up. If the original idea thread strays, steer it back on topic with a new original idea.
Hi Loudlon. I understand where you are coming from. Yes I have done very little with it because there hasn't been a subpage created yet. When Johnny sets that up than things can happen. How can I do something with something that doesn't exist yet ? I will curb my chat until then. I will check back from time to time and see if that page comes into fruition then I will post some ideas. No point in doing anything until then. Thanks Loudlon.
MotorMog
Quote:
without the noise of a chat page !

Says the bloke who's responded half a dozen times ( mainly to himself , no surprise there ) to this thread !!!!

I've stopped posting in the forums due to the amount of inane drivel you have to get through about “ your ” flippin page

Quite frankly you do my head in fella

I'm sure you'll come back with half a dozen replies , but I won't be back to see them

Viva le punk

Marko1960
Uh oh, now look what you've done Johnny880, you've pissed the normally calm and collected MotorMog off and made him leave, and TheBassist too I shouldn't wonder. And yeah, I haven't played my bass in anger for a while now, I've thought about getting rid of all my stuff cos it's just a distraction from other stuff I want to get on with. Bollocks, this is my last post on this site, it's been fun lads but I'm off
Quote:
Uh oh, now look what you've done Johnny880, you've pissed the normally calm and collected MotorMog off and made him leave, and TheBassist too I shouldn't wonder. And yeah, I haven't played my bass in anger for a while now, I've thought about getting rid of all my stuff cos it's just a distraction from other stuff I want to get on with. Bollocks, this is my last post on this site, it's been fun lads but I'm off

we shall see! but if so then all the best
LoudLon [moderator]
Well that went off the rails quickly, didn't it?
johnny [staff]
yeah, chillax. we got lots of submissions for songs that arent of published artists but just by people who submit them, so I’ve been just either ignoring them or rejecting them, but I think they should have a place somewhere, so I’ll add it. with regards to deleting accounts - I didn’t plan on it from the start, and I’m super busy at the moment to add something like a button to do that (and make it secure so theres no abuse) so I just handle it by email. I’ve never ever rejected a deletion request and have always responded in less than 24hrs, so for now thats not a priority. I think the most important thing that needs fixing on this site are two things: 1. ratings, 2. songs with too many versions

Thread locked

This thread has been locked by an administrator.