0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

tab search oops

mr zee
Just been perusing some tabs and have come across a stranglers tab, get a grip, so I clicked on it to compare it to my own version but for some reason the system sent me to my version and not the one I selected. It looks like the system might be having a few tech problems.
MotorMog
Doing a search the only version I can find is yours. although we do have the issue of two artists, “ The Stranglers ” and “ Stranglers ” !!!
mr zee
Quote:
Doing a search the only version I can find is yours. although we do have the issue of two artists, “ The Stranglers ” and “ Stranglers ” !!!
Odd when I open stranglers with my tab at the top of the list there is another entry, just under the five minutes tab, been rated 4 star. just checked, still there and doing the same thing.
mr zee
maybe the submitter deleted it or he/she has been banned and all there tabs removed.
It's because you put parentheses in the song title, I think. The other version doesn't have them so it's a punctuation glitch (the URL's are the same if you remove the parentheses)
LoudLon [moderator]
While we have entries for the band under both “Stranglers” and “The Stranglers,” I'm only seeing one tab for (Get A) Grip (On Yourself), and that's Mr. Zee's tab, under “Stranglers.”

The punctuation glitch affects songs with special characters in their titles, such as apostrophes, parentheses, commas, etc. If there is more than one tab of that song, the system has trouble differentiating them and defaults each version back to the first version, no matter which version you click.
mr zee
Is that why when I click my U.K. Subs tab it goes to the UK SUBS page where the tab isn't even listed.
Marko1960
So it would seem to be down to basic English and grammar so the sooner feckin eejits stop posting tabs the better
mr zee
Quote:
So it would seem to be down to basic English and grammar so the sooner feckin eejits stop posting tabs the better
But i like posting tabs, boo hoo Marko swore at me.
Yep it seems the system doen't understand English grammer and punctuation, my excuse is i'm lazy.
LoudLon [moderator]
Quote:
Is that why when I click my U.K. Subs tab it goes to the UK SUBS page where the tab isn't even listed.

I typed both “U.K. Subs” and “UK Subs” and yes, they both lead to the spelling “UK Subs.” But this happens with a lot of band names. Weirder still are band names like KC and the Sunshine Band. I submitted a tab for their song Boogie Shoes and the system posted it as “The Sunshine Band And Kc.”

Clearly, the system can't tell its fourth point of contact from a whole in the ground.
mr zee
It did that with my kc tab as well.

Reply to this thread