0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Outdoor gig tips

Quote:
I'm going to keep typing meter until Marko loses it.

lol lol lol lol
2nick3
Quote:
Ah, Mog - what a great movie. I need to watch it again soon.

I've always wanted to plagiarize that line: “I play a little bass. It's a short scale.” But no one would get that except bass players, and we are few and far between…
MotorMog
Quote:
Quote: Ah, Mog - what a great movie. I need to watch it again soon.I've always wanted to plagiarize that line: “I play a little bass. It's a short scale.” But no one would get that except bass players, and we are few and far between…

Brilliant film Top Secret, you wouldn't get away with those jokes these days !!!

It was considered family viewing back in 1984
Marko1960
I love the pantomime cow, hilarious
LoudLon [moderator]
The Peter Cushing scene is my favorite, the one shot entirely in reverse. The underwater fight's a hoot, too.
Marko1960
The whole film is funny from start to finish
2nick3
Quote:
Brilliant film Top Secret, you wouldn't get away with those jokes these days !!!It was considered family viewing back in 1984

Long list of films they couldn't make today - near or at the top would be Blazing Saddles. Not sure people today would make it through the “Camp-town Ladies” scene.
Marko1960
They don't make films these days they re make them with disastrous effects, the Ladykillers for instance, what was Tom Hanks thinking!?
MotorMog
The 2012 remake of Total Recall with Colin Farrell of all actors , flippin eck that was bad

But the 2004 remake of Dawn Of The Dead with Ving Rhames now your talking , I'm not saying its better than Romeros original but its close

LoudLon [moderator]
The original Dawn of the Dead is my all-time favorite movie regardless of genre. It's like my Star Wars, I've seen it well over a thousand times. When I first heard it was being remade I sent Universal a scathing hate letter LOL

But then they showed the opening ten minutes on TV, I think it was the weekend before the movie hit theaters, and I thought, hold on a second, that doesn't look so bad. It didn't hurt that the opening featured Justin Louis (aka Louis Ferreira) who I loved in Blood and Donuts. So I went ahead and saw it opening weekend and was surprised by how much I enjoyed it. It doesn't have one ounce of the scathing social commentary or depth of Romero's original, but it's a great little action/horror flick on its own.

Reply to this thread