0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Considering getting a new bass

mr zee
I've just bought a ric 4003 in fireglow £1700 but I also have an Epiphone re-issue 1970's Ripper bass which I got fairly cheap, £200. There is one on ebay for just a little under £500/$700 Here's a pic of the two together
Marko1960
I saw a 4003 Fireglo on eBay a few days ago, one bid of £1,000, reserve not met, could be the same one, £1,700 is a good price. Is it heavy?
MotorMog
That Rics a beauty and great price ,some change for a few tins of your favourite jerk chicken then Mr Zee
mr zee
Quote:
I saw a 4003 Fireglo on eBay a few days ago, one bid of £1,000, reserve not met, could be the same one, £1,700 is a good price. Is it heavy?

bought it from a supplier in denmark and its not overly heavy

Quote:
That Rics a beauty and great price ,some change for a few tins of your favourite jerk chicken then Mr Zee

the jerk chicken has been sent home to roost. all i'm having outta tins in future is beer, beans n mushy peas, n not all at the same time as the consequences would proBABly be the same. wind and belly ache.
IamMark
I'm wanting to buy a new bass to keep in standard tuning, and have my G&L tuned half-step down for gigs.

I'm really leaning towards a JBass. I went on to the Fender site and realized what I want is a custom job. So I sent an e-mail to Fender requesting the following in a 5-string model. Solid body, walnut finish, maple fretbaord, noiseless P/Us. Just like the photo, but a 5-string. The 4-string version is a $1800 bass.

It's been a week, and I haven't heard back from Fender. Really disappointing. I know $1800+ isn't a big fish for Fender, but have the decency to respond to my question. If I don't hear back from them this week, I guess I'll start looking around.

317jtb
anyone else playing the new Ibanez SRH 500?
mr zee
have a look at “the top guitars custom company” based in las vegas. they seem to do all sorts of stuff. I got my custom built ric 4003 copy from here for $600 about £380. I have since upgraded it with 920d custom pups, pots and a chrome plated steel pick guard
Marko1960
I posted earlier but the Dude inadvertently erased my post, basically, Mark, as I know you have the skills, why not build a kit, Warmoth have some great parts but if it's got to be Fender, they have a parts store aswell, I'd get a Fender neck and body and go down the EMG, Badass etc route for the hardware
MotorMog

Id take a look over at G&L custom shop Mark http://glguitars.com/cs-bass-options/
MotorMog

G&L JB-5 in Natural Frost over Monkeypod (East Indian Walnut)

Reply to this thread