0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Rescued another one...

mr zee
Might have been better buying a pj bass or maybe just putting a jazz neck on your p bass and if you don't wanna put mods on it might have to be a boost pedal unless you slave your amp. When I first started learning to play on a semi acoustic didn't have an amp so the strings gotta bit of a beating with my sausage fingers and I play the same today having to turn down for quitter songs
MotorMog
plenty of headroom on my Ampeg PF350 into 2x10 + 1×15 so maybe not that much of an issue ,never had to crank it more than a 3rd at a gig or practice to be heard over drummer and two guitars so plenty in the tank to overcome a lower input level I think

Will get a boost pedal and see how that goes at next weeks reherals where i can try a few different scenarios (ive also got an overdrive that I can adjust the output on)

Cheers
Marko1960
There are direct replacement Jazz pick ups available that are humbuckers, just swap them over, great if you're aiming for JJ Burnel and not Jaco Pastorius
MotorMog
Quote:
great if you're aiming for JJ Burnel

Yeah that would be more the sound i would be after !!!

Off to see the UK Subs next week and Alvin normally uses a stock Fender Jazz live so will have at look at his set up

But those EMG plug n play wiring looms kits look good mmmmmmm

mr zee
EMG Now there's a piece off kit, should be able to rattle the glasses behind the bar with some of those in your jazz
Quote:
...Off to see the UK Subs next week and Alvin normally uses a stock Fender Jazz live so will have at look at his set up...
You lucky b….
MotorMog
Quote:
Quote: ...Off to see the UK Subs next week and Alvin normally uses a stock Fender Jazz live so will have at look at his set up... You lucky b….

as long as I can remember the subs have done a spring and winter tour in the UK and I havnt missed one in a long long while

For me with the demise of motorhead this is the only proper old school rock n roll band putting in the hard graft

Kin ell Charlie is 73 this month

Catch em while you can

MotorMog
PJ for Alvin by the looks of it ,killer tone and great intro

^Thanks for posting! I've known UK Subs since the seventies.
MotorMog
Quote:
^Thanks for posting! I've known UK Subs since the seventies.

Have met Charlie a few times mostly at other gigs ,lovely fella

Ok so issue resolved I reckon with output issue

Boost pedal turned up but wasn't digging the sound ( cheers Amazon try before you buy !) , chucked on a new set of D'Addrio EXL180's cranked the gain and now getting the output and tone I was after

Apologise for hijacking the thread

Reply to this thread