0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Long live the 80's :D

Twiggybass
For those that were around in the 1980's, what is every one's best memory, songs. This thread is dedicated to the 1980's, my favourite decade. If I could go back, I would freeze time.

Twiggybass
Heard his one the radio tonight and it took me way back. Haven't heard it in a long time.
LoudLon [moderator]
Good ol' Dick Marx (heh). Great musician. Love that guy.
Twiggybass
He's fantastic man. One of the best, so many hits. So many memories

I remember hearing Endless Summer Nights on a beach back in 1988

I can't wait to play that song over and over again
Twiggybass
Marko must have some stories
Marko1960
Some stories yes, not good ones I'm afraid. Times were hard in the 80s, great if you lived in London, depressing if you lived in the industrial North East like me. Musically, The Smiths, The Cure, Simple Minds, Talk Talk, The Cocteau Twins, A Flock of Seagulls, Siouxsie and the Banshees all stand out. The best tv music show ever, The Tube, was filmed just up the road from me but I was too busy eaking out a living to get tickets to go. It was a good decade but Maggie Thatcher wiping out the coal industry and destroying whole communities, the communities that fuelled the industrial revolution and made this country great leaves a nasty taste in the mouth.
Bye bye Europe by the way
Classic 80's. I think I had that hairdoo in 1989
Twiggybass
I have had that hairdo since 1989

Trimmed here and there of course.
I should grow it back to do a Spinal Tap cover band
Marko1960
I've still got my Sigue Sigue Sputnik hairdo but thinking about a Mike Score from Flock of Seagulls for a change
2nick3
Quote:
I've still got my Sigue Sigue Sputnik hairdo but thinking about a Mike Score from Flock of Seagulls for a change

One of my good friends had the cassette single for “Love Missle F1-11” - six remixes of the 80's classic. We'd cruise around with that blaring from the car speakers for hours on the weekends. Thought we were just so cool…

Then on the show How I Met Your Mother they had the running gag with The Proclaimers “I'm Gonna Be/500 Miles” and I flashed back and realized how stupid we really were.

But we didn't care at the time, because we were awesome. Shoot it up, shoot it up, shoot it up!!!

Reply to this thread