0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

To all the dads out there...

LoudLon [moderator]
Happy Father's Day!
Thanks! Let me buy you a beer!
LoudLon [moderator]
I don't drink, but what the hell. This one time won't kill me.
Quote:
A bassist without beer? Just kiddin', I'll buy you any beverage.
2nick3
Quote:

How do you deal with guitarists? Or drummers?? Or vocalists????
LoudLon [moderator]
I give 'em the evil eye. I can be scary when I want to be.
Twiggybass
I'm buying you all a beer

I can't be scary. I have one daughter and she's a good kid. To others, that's a different story. The boyfriend is going to cry I can say that. I dread that day.

Guitar players get the evil eye
IamMark
I've already got my daughter (she's only 9, so I have time here) convinced that any boy she dates is going to have to face me first.

I'm one of those quiet, stoic intimidating types already. My kids' friends get very uncomfortable around me because they think I'm this mean giant. – I have no desire to alter this perception. It helps me keep order around my house.

In full disclosure, I'm really a big push over and softie with kids. I just look like I'm annoyed and angry, but if they only knew I'd dump my wallet out for them and do anything they asked.

But my daughter's “boy” interests… different story. That's a hog walking in to the slaughter house as far as I'm concerned.
Twiggybass
I'm the same way. People think since I'm a bass player, I'm this tough monster that throws the TV out the window - well the last part is true - but they just freeze when they see me. I'm a big pushover too

One of my daughters friends walked her home from school today and says to me “I love Motley Crue.” Than he throws his arm up, head bangs and tries to sing Girls, Girl, Girls. Of course, he screws up the song and my daughter says “Oh no.” with a scared face.

The kid stares at me and I say “Who's the bass player.” and he says “um…Mick something.” My eyes got wide, I put one foot on the doorstep and he took off running. Oh and “DAD” in the background.

Ever since it's just me and Cher, my wallet has been a lot of Ice Cream and such.

My daughter is all I have left and “A hog walking into the slaughterhouse” is the best statement I have ever heard and I agree. Some guy is going to have to be really special to get her from me and than I might just scare him off for fun
LoudLon [moderator]
I've been told I'm intimidating, as well. Must be the way I carry myself or something. I've literally watched on as men much bigger than me have avoided eye contact with me and given me a wide birdth when they pass. It's kind of funny, really, because I'm not that big a guy – 5'9, though I am big in the arms, chest and shoulders – but like you guys, I'm a total push-over. Especially when it comes to my kid or my nieces and nephews. Mess with any of them, though – especially my daughter, the light of my life – and man, do I feel sorry for you LOL

I can ask my daughter, “Kev, what happens if a boy breaks your heart?” Her answer is, “You'll kick his ass.”

“Kev, what happens if someone makes fun of you for being half-Asian?”
“You'll kick his ass.”

“Kev, what happens if a boy tries to force himself on you?”
“You'll kill him.”

Damn straight.
Quote:
Mess with any of them, though – especially my daughter, the light of my life – and man, do I feel sorry for you LOLI can ask my daughter, “Kev, what happens if a boy breaks your heart?” Her answer is, “You'll kick his ass.”“Kev, what happens if someone makes fun of you for being half-Asian?”“You'll kick his ass.”“Kev, what happens if a boy tries to force himself on you?”“You'll kill him.”Damn straight.

One time my sister brought home a new boyfriend and there was some kind of get together at my house. Dad, as a joke, steps out onto the back porch with a shotgun were everyone is and says “alright im ready to meet him”.

Reply to this thread