0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

What Grinds My Gears

Sidsquishus
They're still there?!?!?! It's been weeks. Glad they aren't related to me!
LoudLon [moderator]
Yeah, still here. Like I said, love ‘em to death and we always have a good time together, but I have no privacy when they’re here, and privacy is exactly what I need for my hobbies. Can't hear a song to transcribe it if I've got a four-year-old niece bleating in my ear every other minute, can't do any writing when my mom or sisters are hogging my computer to update their FaceBook statuses, etc. Lon needs his me-time, dammit.
Sidsquishus
I got a spare room…only about 3, maybe four, days drive!

I sympathize, Lon. Three days is enough…a week at the most. Company staying longer than that is an imposition, not company.

Maybe you could start hiding fish in out-of-the-way, unrefrigerated places? Or move skunks into the bathroom?
linkinpark232
Quote:
Yeah, still here. Like I said, love ‘em to death and we always have a good time together, but I have no privacy when they’re here, and privacy is exactly what I need for my hobbies. Can't hear a song to transcribe it if I've got a four-year-old niece bleating in my ear every other minute, can't do any writing when my mom or sisters are hogging my computer to update their FaceBook statuses, etc. Lon needs his me-time, dammit.

Make a schedule and make a copy for every inch of the house. Put Me-Time in huge bold, underlined, and italicized letters
LoudLon [moderator]
Nah, I couldn't do that to them. The lack of privacy gets on my nerves after a while but I'd rather it be me irritated than them feeling unwelcome or like pests. You don't do that to family.
I hate that. When my mom's cousin comes to visit she brings her kids with. I love ‘em, but damn. Her son is the bitchyist 16 year old I have ever met. The kid constantly pisses me off. I’ll be playing with a song and be doing awesome, and the bastard will just walk in my room and shut my tunes off so we can talk about his girl friend or how good he is at wrestling. It's complete and total BS. I've often though about grabbing a 12 gauge and going for broke. Is that so wrong?
LoudLon [moderator]
Is it wrong to think it? No. Is it wrong to do it? That…is a good question.
Quote:
Is it wrong to think it? No. Is it wrong to do it? That…is a good question.
Well played Lon, well played. I guess it completely depends on the circumstances……..

Reply to this thread