0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Chris Squire of Yes RIP!

Marko1960
Quote:
I can't believe it's been over 3 years since we lost Chris! Such a wonderful bassist. Must play some Yes today.Yes today by the Beatles? I think Paul McArtney played bass on that one.again, the very same swear word

Is it ‘Big Jobs’?
2nick3
Quote:
Magic. Seeing him live. You could actually feel his bass in your chest. He had that much amplification. In a good way.

Saw them on the Fly From Here tour. Chest thumping bass for sure. We were in line with his 8x10 cab on stage, and my friend, who plays guitar, commented there was too much bass. Or I think that's what he said - was hard to hear over the bass.

Scary thing was he never looked like he was even trying, through the whole set. Not once.
johnny880
Exactly. He knew his stuff. Even playing his most complex riffs he wouldn't break a sweat. And he would play them flawlessly. And yes you are right. If you are right in front of his rig hes gonna vibrate your body and soul. Its sad that he is gone and what has become of YES now with two different bands. Would be nice if they would put the two back together. They are running out of time.
johnny880
Quote:
Quote: Quote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXv4zfD6ZcAHeart Of The Sunrise isolated bass track. Magic. Seeing him live. You could actually feel his bass in your chest. He had that much amplification. In a good way. Sadly never saw the great man live, or Yes. Big regret of mine!
I saw them 5 or 6 times. My regret is never seeing Genesis with Peter Gabriel and R.E.M.
Marko1960
Quote:
Quote: Quote: Quote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXv4zfD6ZcAHeart Of The Sunrise isolated bass track. Magic. Seeing him live. You could actually feel his bass in your chest. He had that much amplification. In a good way. Sadly never saw the great man live, or Yes. Big regret of mine! I saw them 5 or 6 times. My regret is never seeing Genesis with Peter Gabriel and R.E.M.
there's actually a Canadian band who reproduce the Genesis with Peter Gabriel set in fine detail, so much so that you forget you're not watching Genesis. Not watching Genesis is fine by me though. Anyway, check em out
johnny880
I absolutely will. Do you happen to know what they are called. I didn't know there was a Canadian Genesis tribute band.
Marko1960
Don't know the name of the band, saw an item about them on telly, the singer does all the costume changes and behaves scarily like Gabriel, not to be missed by Genesis fans apparently. If you google it something will come up
Marko1960
The Musical Box. There you go
Marko1960
They're all over YouTube, I've changed your life in a heartbeat
I admired the man, not so much the music of Yes.

Reply to this thread