0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

"bad to the bone tabs" are wrong.

Marko1960
With Drop D the 1st fret on the E string is Eb
How is A G#? It's not, ooh
Marko1960
D A D G rockhead!
But A would not be Eb. Do you think Tom Araya in Slayer just tunes to Drop D even though Kerry and Gary tune to Eb? Nope the A D G wouldn't be low enough
LoudLon [moderator]
The only reason to tune any strings down at all would be if you want to play a note lower than low E standard (E-flat and under) and even then you only need to drop the 4th string. Technically speaking you don't really need to lower any of the other strings at all.
I usually need a few open notes on more than the E so I've always went ahead and downtuned everything to flat
Marko1960
As the other 8,000 of us know Link, you're the exception, not the rule, and I dont care what Tom Araya does in the privacy of his own home, whoever he is
Marko1960
And heres another thought smart arse, how come every manufacturer of 5 string basses tune them to B E A D G and not B Eb Ab Db Gb. Knacker
Marko1960
Btw, Happy New Year
IamMark
I personally don't like dropping the e string only. I play in blocks and patterns, so dropping one string screws me up.

But because I don't like down tuning any string I prefer to play those low end songs on my 6 or 5 string.

Reply to this thread