0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Show your videos on YouTube

Again Motörhead's Rock Out from Motörizer, but this time with a pick, a headstock camera and the BOD400 overdrive pedal.
Punk Rock again, Gunbullet by my friends The Lillingtons. Again I used the BOD400 pedal.
MotorMog
Quote:
Punk Rock again, Gunbullet by my friends The Lillingtons. Again I used the BOD400 pedal.

Jay need some help matey

Just picked up myself an L-2000 Tribute and am after a go to punk setting

I'm thinking passive and neck pickup but unsure about series/parallel and tone settings

Thing is we are rehearsing in a studio on Saturday and this will be my first chance amped up so just want to plug n go

Warm up likely to be UK Subs Public Servant for that kind of sound

Cheers

Quote:
Jay need some help matey Just picked up myself an L-2000 Tribute and am after a go to punk setting I'm thinking passive and neck pickup but unsure about series/parallel and tone settingsThing is we are rehearsing in a studio on Saturday and this will be my first chance amped up so just want to plug n goWarm up likely to be UK Subs Public Servant for that kind of soundCheers
Hmmm, depends on what tone you're after, what strings are on and whether you use a pick. I'm using the neck pickup with the coils in series. I always play in passive mode. The setting of the tone control next to the volume control depends on how much high I want. The other tone control basically cuts bass. As I don't like a thin tone, I always have it turned fully clockwise.

Hope this helps…
MotorMog
Quote:
Quote: Jay need some help matey Just picked up myself an L-2000 Tribute and am after a go to punk setting I'm thinking passive and neck pickup but unsure about series/parallel and tone settingsThing is we are rehearsing in a studio on Saturday and this will be my first chance amped up so just want to plug n goWarm up likely to be UK Subs Public Servant for that kind of soundCheers Hmmm, depends on what tone you're after, what strings are on and whether you use a pick. I'm using the neck pickup with the coils in series. I always play in passive mode. The setting of the tone control next to the volume control depends on how much high I want. The other tone control basically cuts bass. As I don't like a thin tone, I always have it turned fully clockwise.Hope this helps…

Stock strings currently I believe , will be replacing those with rotosound nickel rounds and playing with a pick ( round steels on my current bass )

Sound wise i currently crank both treble and bass full on my fender jazz ( btw I have humbuckers fitted not single coil ) and cut the mids on my bass head

Liking the sound of your settings so will be going with that for Saturday's session

Punk n Roll

Cheers
MotorMog
Sorry another possibly daft question

Can you run passive without a battery installed feeding the active circuit ?
Quote:
Sorry another possibly daft question Can you run passive without a battery installed feeding the active circuit ?
Yes, I can!

I always use some pedal to create my tone. In most cases I add some overdrive and distortion, just a bit. I also use some eq-ing. I always use compression. Both the Digitech BP90 and the Boss LMB-3 offer useful compression.
MotorMog
Quote:
Quote: Sorry another possibly daft question Can you run passive without a battery installed feeding the active circuit ? Yes, I can!I always use some pedal to create my tone. In most cases I add some overdrive and distortion, just a bit. I also use some eq-ing. I always use compression. Both the Digitech BP90 and the Boss LMB-3 offer useful compression.

Great , Il be running passive so no battery required then

I have a small pedal board pretty similar to your set up

TC Spectracomp > Ampeg Scrambler > Ampeg Overdrive ( have tried different variations in order but this works best for me )

My settings are all pretty subtle, but it means I only need to take my pedal board when rehearsing in a studio.I can leave my head and cabs at home to get the sound I like
When the Clock Strikes 2, another short Lillintons song.
Dingbat - Screeching Weasel

Reply to this thread