0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

So did you guys drop guitar or an other instrulent to play bass or did you start directly with bass ?

IamMark
When I was a wee lad I told my parents I wanted to learn bass. So they went out and bought me an acoustic guitar.

The guitar sat in the corner and collected dust until I saved enough money on my own and then I went and bought myself a bass. Then I took lessons and paid for them myself.

I had no interest in learning any other instrument except for the bass. But after playing the bass I wanted to learn other instruments. So I bought a new acoustic guitar and a 5-string banjo.

The guitar and banjo sit in the corner collecting dust.
Cheekychuck
I had twenty years of playing air bass, before I picked up the real thing.

http://youtu.be/nNDqzpgzdis
Marko1960
Quote:
Quote: ...there are thousands of reasonably good guitarists, but not thousands of good bassists. Agreed. I have a total of eighteen uncles; half of them were at one point in time (and some still are) professional, working musicians. And there's not one of them who won't tell you that a good bassist is worth his weight in gold (and that's a direct quote).
Youre from Kentucky and only have 18 Uncles?
LoudLon [moderator]
I was only counting on my mom's side. :p
I started with piano, and I still play it, but I decided that I also wanted to learn bass, so I did, and I tried acoustic guitar but I didn't like it so I dropped it, but I started bass first, and then tried guitar. But all my life I've been playing piano.
Marko1960
Quote:
I started with piano, and I still play it, but I decided that I also wanted to learn bass, so I did, and I tried acoustic guitar but I didn't like it so I dropped it, but I started bass first, and then tried guitar. But all my life I've been playing piano.
If you play Piano taking up Bass or Guitar will be a doddle for you as youre already well versed in scales and chords, Bass was a good choice as alot of good bassists can double up on keys,John Paul Jones, Carlos Dengler, Jim Lea and Geddy Lee to name but four, {can anyone think of any more?}
IamMark
I don't know his name, but the bassist from Shinedown also plays piano and keys.
I am 14yrs of age now and I've played violin since I was 9 and took lessons until recently when I picked up bass guitar. I've tried to learn guitar several times but never really got into it. I've always been musical and wanted to be musical. I hope to learn guitar, drums, piano, etc as I get older.
Quote:
I am 14yrs of age now and I've played violin since I was 9 and took lessons until recently when I picked up bass guitar. I've tried to learn guitar several times but never really got into it. I've always been musical and wanted to be musical. I hope to learn guitar, drums, piano, etc as I get older.

Drums is the hardest one. You've got to be able to multitask and that's just not my expertise. Piano, guitar, and bass are all way easier in my opinion.
johnny [staff]
Quote:
Drums is the hardest one. You've got to be able to multitask and that's just not my expertise. Piano, guitar, and bass are all way easier in my opinion.

I disagree. Pretty much all instruments require you to multitask and that's something that becomes natural with practice. One could also say that drums are easier because you don't have to worry about melody, only rhythm. I'm not saying that, but I'm just sayin'

Reply to this thread