0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

80's Music

IamMark
Never had penny loafers, but I do remember wanting a pair of Adidas so bad, and then my mom bought me a pair of Bobo Pumas from Kmart. I needed new shoes because my old one's sole separated, so I had to wear the Pumas to school the next day. Middle schoolers were brutal about stuff like this. I was having panic attacks going to school wearing them.

Funny how 30-40 years later you don't give a Sh!t about stuff like that. But back then it was life or death type stuff.
LoudLon [moderator]
I hear you, man. I got my first above-the-table job when I was 15, and on my first pay day, I walked five miles to the local K-Mart and bought myself a brand new pair of Pony high-tops. I was so proud of myself. I wore them to school and, of course, got teased for wearing K-Mart shoes. So I went out and bought myself a pair of knock-off Air Jordans, my silly teenage logic being that at if I buy something that at least looks name-brand, that'll get the other kids off my back. But those shoes only got me teased worse.

What's funny is that several of the kids who teased me went on to become some of my best high school friends. High school is a cluster-f*ck of social inconsistencies. One year you're a dork no one wants to associate with, the next year your butt is the talk of the girl's locker room LOL
IamMark
Pony's! That was the brand. I knew it was bobo something, and not Puma, but Puma was all my exhausted brain could think of.

You're a treasure-trove of nostalgia Lon.
2nick3
In middle school I just resigned myself to the “Nerd Table” and dreamed of becoming cool and playing bass. Or of playing bass and becoming cool. I was sure one would trigger the other somehow.

Bryan Ferry - Don't Stop The Dance
LP
Bryan Ferry - Don't Stop The Dance. Love the bass to this song!
LoudLon [moderator]
Here's a favorite track from one of my favorite years, 1984 (IMO, one of the very best years ever for pop music). I tabbed this for ultimate-guitar several years ago and didn't realize until much later that it's actually played on a 5-string. I have yet to back and correct the tab. Oops!

Anyway, cool song. RIP, Laura!

I agree, Self Control is a top tune!
2nick3
The hits on the 2 in the Bridge/Interlude is just great songwriting.

Talk Talk - Today

Reply to this thread