0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

80's Music

johnny880
Quote:
Quote: I was aware Divine had a minor musical career outside of his John Waters films, but oof! Hearing him sing is almost as unappetizing as seeing him eat dog pop in Pink Flamingos… Not a Divine fan but just love this song.
How about. Dead or Alive. You spin round. Similar. Not saying I like it or hate it. Just saying I have a lot of music in my head that I am aware of. I was born 22,215 days ago. That is 3173 weeks or 533169 hours or 31989609 minutes or 1919376009 seconds for those that want to count it out. You get the picture. I have a few songs stuck in this brain. God I feel old compared to you guys. But I appreciate all forms of music. I don't like it all but am always willing to screw around with it on bass if I like the vibe.
Love Dead Or Alive!

Dead Or Alive - You Spin Me Round (Like A Record)
LoudLon [moderator]
Love that song. It was from a very awesome period of my life (being a teen in the ‘80s was awesome anyway, but for me, especially the summer that song happened to come out). Hard to believe some people were actually surprised when it was revealed that Pete Burns was gay, though. It’s practically stamped on his forehead.

New Order - Blue Monday

Associates ‎– Club Country
Associates ‎– Club Country. Love this song, brilliant bassline!
LoudLon [moderator]
In stark contrast to my metal and alt-rock roots, back in the 80s my friends and I were heavily into breakdancing. You'd never guess to look at me now, but back then I was pretty good at it LOL

Anyway, my friends and I would spend entire afternoons in our front yards and on street corners, spinning on flattened cardboard boxes while cranking beat-heavy songs from our boom boxes. This song in particular was favorite:

IamMark
I owned a pair of parachute pants as well Lon. Along with the open sided hoodie and multi-colored, fat shoe laces.
LoudLon [moderator]
All the cool kids wore parachute pants. At least that's what we nerds who wore parachute pants told ourselves.

Fun fact: First day of 8th grade, I wore white parachute pants to school, not realizing that you could see my red underwear beneath. I was teased mercilessly for it. Oddly, no one commented on the rest of my ensemble, which consisted of a striped green Polo shirt and a pair of penny loafers, WITH PENNIES INSERTED.

I mentioned I was a nerd, right…?

Reply to this thread