0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Do you watch bass lessons on the net?

purplez
10 years ago
Report this message
I have watched a lot of Scotts bass lessons on youtube, he does some good ones.

My only complaint about a lot of bass lessons is the voice volume is so low I have to turn it right up & then when when they start playing it is like “THUMP THUMP THUMP” really loud
Marko1960
TJH3113 is really good, clear and concise and not a flash git
LoudLon [moderator]
No. But I should. I play well – hell, I play really well – but I'm completely self-taught and learned by ear. Most of the time I couldn't tell you what note I'm playing without looking it up. Lessons would drastically help in that arena, but these days I can't seem to find the time.
linkinpark232
Sure don't. I like learning things on my own
IamMark
I have, but I have also learned that I learned the bass completely different than most people in these video lessons.

I learned from an upright bass instructor. So I don't use the four fingers on my left hand. My middle finger does nothing. I play in three-fret blocks.

Everyone I see on these lessons use all four fingers and stretch across 4 and 5 frets.

It actually takes me a while to watch what they're doing with their hand and try to decipher it for my own playing style.

I should go back to Florida and kick my first instructor's ass. Except he was a really cool guy, and I don't want to kick his ass.

But I could… I'm 6'5" and he was barely 5'.
I don't. Mostly self taught and have good connections with the only other 5 string bassist in my area. Really cool guy. I'd even dare to call him a friend. He's like Master Roshi to Goku (if anyone gets my reference…..)

Reply to this thread