0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

The introductions thread!

LoudLon [moderator]
Welcome aboard, 4strings. The Beiber avatar is the default (our admin apparently has a sick sense of humor LOL) – but you can change it simply by left-clicking it and uploading your own.

Hope you enjoy the site.
johnny [staff]
It's a great incentive for people to change it. I think this it the forum with the least amount of default avatars in the world
Marko1960
The crazy thing is, I'm an absolute dead ringer for Justin Bieber! Ironic innit
Marko1960
The crazy thing is, I'm an absolute dead ringer for Justin Bieber! Ironic innit
LoudLon [moderator]
One more time for those who missed it…
JDL2112
Hello there! I've been playing about…9 months. Not every day! I remember when I was 15 all I wanted to be was Def Leppard. So, I finally had a mid-life crisis at 48 and bought a bass to learn the following songs, and would have been glad to play just them:

Gods of War - That song rocked my world!! my wife is sick of hearing it while I play. DEAL WITH IT!
Bringin' on the Heartbreak W/ Switch 625 - Had to be both together or neither!
Women - Man…that songs can't get loud enough when I play!

I learned Foolin' in about 2 days and I LOVE playing it!!! Just got into Love Bites and I'm trying really hard for Photograph…not seeing it for some reason. Anyway, There's about 10 more Leppard songs!

Enjoying playing the 80's hair rock…Warrant, Bon Jovi, etc. I just recently got into “Dress you up” by Madonna. A fun song to do!!

I got a 5 string bass about 2 months ago, and it has made me play Land of Confusion, Reach up for the Sunrise and I have found a tab of Love Bites on 5 string. Great fun that guitar!

Um…I have ZERO idea how to read music. It's a bunch of little dots with flags…and these weird numbers and bendy lines. LOLOLOL

Well, that's my story and I'm sticking too it! I'll usually be under this name “JDL2112” (Rush is my favourite band…can't play any of their songs..Geddy is a REAL bass player…ever seen anything like him???? WOW)

I have another account under “Southpaw_BassPlayer” Ok, for 25 dollars and trip to the showcase showdown, what hand to I pick and strum with???

Rock on everyone!

Jay

JDL2112

LoudLon [moderator]
Left hand. Now where's my money?

We can never have too many '80s metal fans, and you picked a great band to learn with (big Leppard fan myself).
Quote:
Hello there! I've been playing about…9 months. Not every day! I remember when I was 15 all I wanted to be was Def Leppard. So, I finally had a mid-life crisis at 48 and bought a bass to learn the following songs... Jay
Welcome!!!
Must be the name. When I was young I wanted to play the bass, but it never happened because of other hobbies. At the age of 50 I bought my first bass.
Marko1960
Welcome aboard, can't stand Def Leppard, the over exaggerated vocal makes my skin crawl, love Rush, saw them live in 81 at Bingley Hall in Stafford, not all of Geddy's lines are difficult, try Limelight and Jacobs Ladder for starters
Quote:
Welcome aboard, can't stand Def Leppard, the over exaggerated vocal makes my skin crawl, love Rush, saw them live in 81 at Bingley Hall in Stafford, not all of Geddy's lines are difficult, try Limelight and Jacobs Ladder for starters
As well as The Temples of Syrinx. http://www.bigbasstabs.com/rush_bass_tabs/the_temples_of_syrinx.html

Reply to this thread