0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS

Marko1960
Its Californication for me, they were trying too hard in the early days, when they finally stripped everything back thats when they made their best music
LoudLon [moderator]
As good as RHCP's always been, I agree, it wasn't until they got older and settled down a bit that they started making their very best stuff. Again, to clarify, they were always good, but when they took it down a notch and focused more on melody and groove, that's when they became great. And I agree, Californication is a great case in point. Look at all the moody, melodic pieces on that album – the title track, Scar Tissue, Otherside, Roadtrippin'. Them's some mighty good listenin'.

Even people who don't like RHCP like those songs. Years ago I tried introducing my kid's mom to RHCP and she couldn't stand them, didn't like how Kiedis was always scatting and zing-dong-danging. But once I played her the first tracks off Californication, she was sold.
Twiggybass
Scar Tissue is beautiful and Otherside as well.
RHCP can be sold to anyone because the energy they give off as well you can feel through their music. it was the same for my mum at one point she could not stand kiedes voice and i played her my favourite song Wet Sand and she was sold.
When they first started it was hell and fun fact they have actually wrote off everything before Mothers Milk adn the story behind it is a book and a half. but everytime i hear Venice Queen off By The Way i go crazy because its my favourite album and they will always put out great music because they are sooo good at whaat they do but when they took it down a bit they became amazing. When they first started Anthony Kiedis was to screwed up in the first place and it got worse before they became what they are now
linkinpark232
Around The World took a little bit to learn but it was very fun to play
johnny [staff]
Has anyone of you listened to the solo stuff of John Frusciante? I really like his albums Shadows collide with people and The Empyrean
Marko1960
Ive heard Frusciante cover Song to the Siren and he murders it, just awful
Twiggybass
oh of course. I Love John and here is something amazing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6hKTan_als

this is fuckin beautiful boys )))
John is a born natual at everything with his mind, his voice, his guitar. he is a wonderful musician and extremly smart

Twiggybass
For me when it comes to RHCP i got nuts crazy wild whatever u want to call it. i work in a kitchen and the other day, a song by RHCP came on the radio and i went nuts and started jumping everywhere and my boss was laughed because she saw my tattoo and she also knows i love RHCP literlly more then anything and knew what it was. the song was Can't Stop
Twiggybass
Then The Zephyr Song came on and i went into my our little world. its one of my all time favourites. its a great song
Twiggybass
and Desecration smile and Wet Sand are the others

Reply to this thread