0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Missing Persons

LoudLon [moderator]
Don't be. First come, first serve and all.
bassm99
Thanks Lon, always the gentleman!
bass freak
Gotta say I knew nothing about this band so thought I would go check them out. Not too bad, nothing really grabbed my attention with a OMG reaction, but it was all good. Really surprised to see mayhem liking them, wouldn't think it was your thing!
softcell62
I checked out a few songs on you tube & I have to say I'm quite impressed. I really LOVE I Can't Think About Dancin' that is stuck in my head. I'll be listening to more of their stuff over the weekend.
mayhem
Quote:
Gotta say I knew nothing about this band so thought I would go check them out. Not too bad, nothing really grabbed my attention with a OMG reaction, but it was all good. Really surprised to see mayhem liking them, wouldn't think it was your thing!

The only reason I checked them out was because the key members of the band had worked with Frank Zappa and he was one weird, way out there kind of Artist. I'm not a fan of Zappa but for that reason alone I thought they were worth a listen. I was surprised at how much I enjoyed listening to them. I've downloaded the first album which i'm quite enjoying
bass freak
Frank Zappa was nuts! In a good way of course. I never understood what he was doing but I'm glad he was around. He was a true alternative. Can't say that I would have connected MP with him but it makes them all the more credible.
softcell62
I would never have guessed the Frank Zappa association. Doesn't bother me, I'm hooked. Checked out a few more songs over the weekend & I'm really getting into them.
icehouse1
I'm sure there are subtle hints of Zappa influences in their music. If you are a Zappa fan you would probably get it. I never knew about the connection back in the day.
Regardless of any Zappa influences I'm really enjoying catching up with the band again I now have 3 bass tabs to play along with so life is sweet!
icehouse1
Hey bassm99, I see UG have finally caught up & have accepted all of your MP tabs! About time too!

Reply to this thread