0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Cort B4 OPN Active Bass

Sidsquishus
Which sound do YOU prefer, Hugorj? That is the one you should get!
Hugorj
I have a C4H bass. But I'm liking of the sound of B4 and 74. And I have this question: 74 or B4? I need your opinion (gerr, sid, others)
And they make a 5 string model . This makes Bassguy a happy guy methinks.
Go with the B4. It has a more aggressive look to it and the headstock design is more attractive to the eye.
Hugorj
Yes Bassguy1, I think that bass sound of B4 is more outstanding. But I want a 4 strings version hehe.

Gerr, do you think the sound of the B4 is like the peavey?
Sidsquishus
With a five string, you get a 4 string bass plus more. You can play it as a four string using the B string as a thumb rest. And when you want or need really low notes, use that B string.

I think you should consider a five string. Then you would have both a four string and a five string.

Just my opinion. cheers.
kozmo
unless you play like stanly clark,or victor wooten ,really how often do you need more than 4,i certainly dont play like either,them boys use every one 5 or 6 ,but thats just me peace
kozmo
by the way the JUSTIN FUCKIN BEEBER LOOK ALIKE IS NOT ME IN THE PHOTO<and no clue who he is or how the punks photo got there ,PEACE
Sidsquishus
One nice thing about a five string is that you can play Drop D songs, and songs in other tunings, without having to retune. (And then tune back to standard tuning. ) And if you do play songs that go lower than E, a five string sounds better than an octave pedal, IMO.

A five string is a four string with one more, lower pitch, string. More versatility. If you already have a four string and are thinking of a second bass, you should consider a five string - unless the music you play never requires anything lower than the E string.

My opinion anyway.
Gerr
The best thing to do > Go on and try out instruments B4, B5, 74 and 75 on music store. It's only way for you to have a better experience and see which fits best to you.
Cort basses are always good!

Reply to this thread