0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

guilty pleasures

Quote:
It's great to have an eclectic taste in music. Variety is the spice of life!
Or the spice of Death………..
Indeed.
mayhem
Quote:
It's great to have an eclectic taste in music. Variety is the spice of life!

Always good to have some variety. I mean I love Metallica, but not 24/7, I need other musical inspirations to sustain me
Well said mayhem. I agree 100%. My spice of death comment was only a mildly comical joke.
softcell62
We got your joke Bassguy1, always good to throw in some humour.
As mayhem said you need musical variety. As mayhem couldn't Metallica 24/7, I couldn't Soft Cell 24/7, there is just too much good music going around in the world to enjoy!
LoudLon [moderator]
If you were to look at my music folder on my PC, or my CD colletion, or my vinyl collection, you'd see nothing but variety. My passion is alt-rock (particularly stuff from the mid-80s to the mid-90s) but I'll listen to anything which fits my own subjective definition of “good.” Death metal, Canto-Pop, grunge, bluegrass, blues, old school hip-hop, adult contemporary, reggae, disco, hair metal – as has already been said, life would be pretty damned boring without variety.
Strathadam
As Lon said, as long as it sounds good to me, I'll listen to it. Oddly, it seems the older I get (currently late-40's), the wider the field of what “sounds good” becomes. And people say old folks are narrow-minded and set in their ways.
LP
I've been on planet earth for a number of years & listed to & experienced many kinds of music. Most of it good, some of it bad, but I wouldn't change a thing. Listening to & participating in music has been a total pleasure in my life & will never feel guilty about that.
bass freak
Well said LP, can't argue with that.
There's no artist that I'm ashamed to listen to, but there are a couple that people will raise an eyebrow at. The biggest one probably being Selena Gomez. My “guilty pleasure” regarding her goes beyond listening to her music, which I do listen to. I think she's effing sexy. She's been the hottest girl in my book since 2009 when I first discovered her (thanks to my little sisters watching Disney). Btw, I'm 22, a couple months older than her. I will shamelessly admit that I have a crush on her. I know it probably sounds funny, and maybe a few of you are going to laugh at it, but no, I'm not ashamed to say that I listen to ANY of the artists I listen to, including Selena Gomez. Everyone is entitled to their own taste in music, regardless of how bad it may be to others.

And please, don't mention the Biebs. I hate that kid's guts; textbook douche bag.

Reply to this thread