0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

We've all had or have a bass, guitar, anything that isn't the "best" brand

linkinpark232
10 years ago
Report this message
So I got a Fender Starcaster Strat in 5th or 6th grade and played it for like 2 weeks, didn't even know what a fret was. Restrung it in June, I loved the darn thing. Funny thing is it's only like an 80 dollar guitar. I feel bad for my parents that they spent 200 bucks on something I didn't even play til 3-4 years later. I sold that a month later for a Fender Squier Jaguar bass, I barely liked the bass but for 2 weeks. Got my Tbird, now I'm happy. Don't even care if it's not gibson. Anyways I miss that guitar so much, like I care how “cheap” it is. To any real guitarist or bassist, it's about how you play it, not what brand it is. Hopefully getting another Starcaster next week. Anyone else got a “cheap” bass or guitar they're proud of?
LoudLon [moderator]
Right now I've got an Austin 4-string. Not exactly a high-end bass but I like it more than a lot of the more expensive ones I've played in the past. Okay, fine, so the tone knob broke the first time I gave it a twist, but it's light and feels comfortable when I strap it on, and I care more about that than how expensive it is or who made it.

The worst guitar I've ever played: Washburn's Paul Stanley signature guitar. Very high-end back in the day, but it was the single most uncomfortable hunk of turd I've ever slung over my shoulder (that's hyperbole – I don't actually sling turds, at least not unless the money's right and I get to shower after).

At any rate, I'm saving up so I can upgrade to an ESP (love their LTD basses) but until then, I'm perfectly content with this low-end but quite comfortable Austin.
I would have to say my TBC 5 string. Got it from my sister in Missouri for Christmas when I was 16. It was funny that a complete stranger helped me with my dream of getting a 5 string. She didn't tell me how much it was, but she got it used, so not much more than $100. My point being It isn't the “best” on the market, but it has a lot of sentimental value and it got me to the level I'm at today. I'm now 19 years old and have an Ibanez 5 string that I pack around in a gig bag while the TBC sits in a hard case in my room. Un-played, but not forgotten.
linkinpark232
What part of Missouri?
Buffalo. Do you live around there?
linkinpark232
Quote:
Buffalo. Do you live around there?

Never heard of it. I live in St. Joseph like 40 minutes from Kansas City
Towelie
I have a fretless Squier, Jaco Pastorius edition, I got for $199 and it's PERFECT for me. Nothing else feels right in my hands now, although I still haven't got my hands on a real Rickenbacker yet.
Marko1960
I live 15 minutes from Cleveland
Marko1960
Cleveland North Yorkshire that is
Youri
I own a Warped bass, they went bankrupt so not many basses were sold and quite few people know about the brand. I started with that bass so it sure does bring back memories !
Quote:
Quote: Buffalo. Do you live around there? Never heard of it. I live in St. Joseph like 40 minutes from Kansas City
Yeah shes like an hour form St. Louis.

Reply to this thread