0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Tech Guys

mayhem
If you are back, welcome back and hopefully we can all get on with discussing our music in a more friendly manner
Sidsquishus
Quote:
If you are back, welcome back and hopefully we can all get on with discussing our music in a more friendly manner

I second that!
Marko1960
Quote:
I am back, was never really gone but I'll be avoiding certain people so you and your 80s Electropop chums can talk about me as much as you like without any fear of me butting in, I'm gonna stick mainly to the Tech Guy thread and advice for newbies, so let's draw a line under the whole thing
bass freak
It sounded like you went for good by your final statement to everyone, but hey ho after anger you calm down & see things in a different light. No one really enjoys talking about you especially for the negative stuff but yes people are going to react & gossip a little, it's human nature. By all means stick to your tech stuff & yes let's draw a line under the whole thing.
PS. I'm not an 80's electropop follower, but I dabble!
I just hope all the tension is gone and that nobody is at each others throats. It's not cool when fellow bass players fight. I'm with Marko on drawing the line. Let's all take a step towards peace.
Quote:
Cheers, Marko.I just checked continuity between bridge and amp exterior when I have the bass connected to the amp with my instrument cable. I have continuity - the ground path is good from bridge to jack to cable to amp. The amp is plugged into a correctly wired and grounded outlet (I have a tester for that as well). The path to ground is good.It must have been Satan.Practice restraint.Does your wife or girlfriend like restraints?
Told you it was possessed. Get word about a priest yet? haha.
Sidsquishus
Quote:
I'll start with a question.. What can I do with my bass without taking it to a pro, to get the action as low as possible?

I've been working on this for a while now. What is working for me are clearances between the bottom of the E and G string and the top of fret 12 of 2 to 2.5 mm for the E string and 1.75 to 2.25 for the G string.

You'll want to make sure you have the neck bow (truss rod) adjusted correctly and you are tuned up spot on before adjusting your saddles.
Marko1960
The standard is 0.4mm at the 12th fret whist fretting at the 1st and 19th simultaneously, I'm not really about numbers, it's all about trial and error and feel. You have to keep adjusting the truss rod and bridge saddles until you get it right, every bass is different, and you might get a crazy low action on one and are able to drive a bus under the action of another, my Stingray has an amazingly low action but my Jaguar short scale is quite high. If you are an aggressive player a high action is better, there's nothing worse than fret slap when you don't want it. I'd be interested to know peoples opinions on action preference.
Strathadam
I prefer my action as low as possible while also avoiding fret noise. My Ibanez works well with <0.4mm at the twelfth fret, but as another short-scale Jaguar owner, I'll confirm they seem to need considerably higher action.
linkinpark232
What's a good action for my Tbird? I had it high and low but I get horrible tone on any frets 9 and higher

Reply to this thread