0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

6 string bass tabs

IamMark
I have a mahogany and maple neck thru 6-string. It is a boat anchor around my neck.

The strings are very tight together, and it's more of a precision/technique instrument. I attack my strings, playing live, too hard to play it on stage. It's fun to tinker with in the basement, but I see it more as a gimmick to be honest. I don't play the genre the 6 sting is more suited for.
Marko1960
Quote:
I don't play the genre the 6 sting is more suited for.
…which, to be honest, is WHAT???
mr zee
Being a foghorn?
MotorMog
Quote:
Being a foghorn?

Ha Ha love it
mr zee
…which, to be honest, is WHAT???

Or finger exercises for the art of origami
IamMark
Quote:
Quote: I don't play the genre the 6 sting is more suited for. …which, to be honest, is WHAT???
I think it's more suited for jazz because of its range.

I realize there's 6-string players in every genre, but to me, it just seems like it's accepted more in jazz than say… country, blues, rock, rockabily, punk…
2nick3
Quote:
I think it's more suited for jazz because of its range.I realize there's 6-string players in every genre, but to me, it just seems like it's accepted more in jazz than say… country, blues, rock, rockabily, punk…

Playing punk with a 6-string? Wouldn't the bassist have to beat himself up for that?
Marko1960
Quote:
Quote: I think it's more suited for jazz because of its range.I realize there's 6-string players in every genre, but to me, it just seems like it's accepted more in jazz than say… country, blues, rock, rockabily, punk… Playing punk with a 6-string? Wouldn't the bassist have to beat himself up for that?
No, the rest of the band would do it for him, and rockabilly, isn't that a tea chest, a broom handle and a length of string? I think the six string bass exists because the Range Rover, BMW X5 and Audi Q7 exist, and nobody can explain a reason for them either!

…fat bar stewards cars imo
mr zee
When stringed instruments like the cello first came about did they have 6, 5, or 4 strings. Me thinks four but could be wrong, so why the need for 6, 7 or even 8 string basses. Your arms and fingers would do more walking than the average rag mans horse.

Reply to this thread