0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

6 string bass tabs

cnix0
10 years ago
Report this message
What bands use a 6 string bass and are there any tabs for them that utilizes the b and c strings?
Youri
Seventh Wonder, the bassist uses a 6 string
Marko1960
I hate six string basses, what's the point, I'm not even keen on fives! You need fingers like barge poles to play a six string, Flea, Geddy Lee and Billy Sheehan, three of the worlds greatest bass players but where's their six strings? I rest my case. There's a subject for a whole new thread here!
John Myung from Dream Theater and Les Claypool form Primus use them. As much as it kills me to say it, Myung has proven why he is considered the greatest metal bassist of all time next to Cliff Burton. So with that in mind, I rest my case. Last question Marko, how many strings do you play?
Quote:
What bands use a 6 string bass and are there any tabs for them that utilizes the b and c strings?
To answer the second part of your question, look at some Five Finger Death Punch. They use a 5 string, But they hammer the low B. Also you may have to learn by ear. their tabs are very rare and I've never personally found one that was correct.
DANNYBASSMAN93 [top submitter]
in my opinion you dont need a 6 string, 5 string all the way, though ive played the 6 string i got one in my house (Music Man Bongo 6)and these guys are right you need mega fingers to play that beast, but i will say that if you want to mater finger exercises, arpegios and harmonic solos its the best tool for the job unless you dont have one then i would recomend a piano
DANNYBASSMAN93 [top submitter]
in my opinion you dont need a 6 string, 5 string all the way, though ive played the 6 string i got one in my house (Music Man Bongo 6)and these guys are right you need mega fingers to play that beast, but i will say that if you want to mater finger exercises, arpegios and harmonic solos its the best tool for the job unless you dont have one then i would recomend a piano
If you don't have the imagination for a six string, you don't need one. Very true.
Quote:
I hate six string basses, what's the point, I'm not even keen on fives! You need fingers like barge poles to play a six string, Flea, Geddy Lee and Billy Sheehan, three of the worlds greatest bass players but where's their six strings? I rest my case. There's a subject for a whole new thread here!
Plus Steve Harris.
I occasionally played fivers. Most of them have less string spacing. Not my cup of tea. I think my fingers are used to the larger spacing on a four string. Six years ago I transformed my Ibby to a BEAD tuned four string bass. For me it's the best solution. However, I do understand that some genres can be played more comfortable on a five or six string bass.

Apart from these considerations, the freeware program TuxGuitar can be used to convert tabs between 4, 5 and 6 string instruments. Downside: the tabs have to be in gp3, gp4 or gp5 format.
SeanCe
I tried playing a six string once, and yeah, it was pretty tough. I own a 5, and to be honest, that's more than enough. Especially given how heavy some of them can get. The first time I played my 5 I felt so weak!

Reply to this thread