0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Greatest deal you've gotten on a guitar or bass?

boppa
I got an almost new Mexi Jazz, amp, hard case, tons of books, tuner, and cable for four and ahalf. My challenge was finding a good lefty. I am happy with the deal.
LoudLon [moderator]
I used to rent an ESP LTD bass back in the ‘90s from a place called the Doo Wop Shop in Louisville, KY; I’d rented it for two months, at ten bucks a month. Then my big sis decided she wanted to get into bass playing but couldn't afford one, so I asked Doo Wop how much to buy it outright. They told me $140. So I got a $400 bass for basically a hundred sixty bucks. Pretty good deal, I'd say.

That my sis only played for a month and then sold it to someone else is neither here nor there.
linkinpark232
LoudLon that's funny! Shoulda bought it from her
Clearly Doo Wop didn't do their research……….. But let's not tell them that.
Also on a totally different note, I almost scored a practically brand new .270 hunting rifle for $80.
I almost got an Ibanez Fieldy signature K5 for $200. The guy who had it didn't like it. I went over and looked it over and told the guy to give me 5 minutes to go get the money from an ATM and I would be back to get it. I come back and the bastard sold it before I got there.
I did, however, score a 200 watt half stack with amp head for $20. Guy was getting rid of it because he couldn't get it to turn on any more. Took it home, popped the back off and seen a short in the wire, re soddered it and bam! Now I have $700 or $800 worth of equipment for $20.
Youri
My first bass, the brand went bankrupt so I got the bass with a 10W e-wave amp, a cable a free pack of strings and a crappy bag for 70euros, the bass was new and was worth 120 alone.
linkinpark232
Quote:
I almost got an Ibanez Fieldy signature K5 for $200. The guy who had it didn't like it. I went over and looked it over and told the guy to give me 5 minutes to go get the money from an ATM and I would be back to get it. I come back and the bastard sold it before I got there.

That's fucked up. Fieldy used to be my favorite bassist back when I saw Korn in May. And what stack was it
It was an Ampeg or sonething like that. I never really look at the brand. I'm happy with it so I could care less about who made it. I think the head is a Randall. I'll have to go and look in my shop. Parents won't let me keep it in the house

Reply to this thread