0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Simple Minds Bass Tabs

That's interesting and it makes sense why Billy Idol later ended up recording that song.
Thanks for the clarification Marko
2nick3
Bryan Ferry also turned it down. And I think Cy Curnin (from The Fixx) was in the mix to perform it at one time as well. I remember at the time that there was a lot of division in the band about having to record it (A&M apparently put some pressure on the band do to it), and that lead to Forbes and McGee leaving.

It would be interesting to see what direction the band would have gone had they stayed intact.
Marko1960
Its strange that this song should split the band, its not such a deviation from their early stuff
2nick3
Well, they're going to sound like themselves, aren't they? Anthrax covering Joe Jackson's “Got The Time” still sounded like Anthrax. I think it was the fact that they didn't write it was the sticking point. Same thing happened with Berlin, when they did “Take My Breath Away” for the Top Gun soundtrack - it messed with their identity, performing someone else's song rather than their own stuff, and threw off the dynamics in the band.

Reply to this thread