0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Simple Minds Bass Tabs

bass freak
11 years ago
Report this message
I'm a big fan of Simple Minds earlier work especially the New Gold Dream album. In some ways once Derek Forbes left the band they seemed to lose that ergency & drive that Derek gave them with his powerful basslines. Some of the later material is ok, but not great in my opinion. I submitted some New Gold Dream tabs that I found as I want to spread the word of Derek Forbes bass playing!
johnny [staff]
hey bass freak, when did you submit them? I can't find them.. might be some bug with the page. Can you try again?
johnny [staff]
aa ok, my bad. I'm guessing these are the ones that I've already approved
bass freak
You are correct johnny they were tabs you have already approved.
Sidsquishus
Real to Real Cacophony and Empires and Dance are the two Simple Minds albums I admire. Subsequent material I found less interesting.
bassm99
Real To Real is very experimental & I like it a lot but the albums I really admire are Empires And Dance, Sons And Fascination + New Gold Dream. Some of those Derek Forbes basslines are exceptional.
softcell62
I'm a New Gold Dream fan myself. Love the production & the feel of this album. This album never fails to make me smile! They did lose their way a bit but what band doesn't. Jim & Charlie still deliver the goods today along with Mel on Drums. As said before in this thread, bring back Derek Forbes!
New Gold Dream is the obvious choice for most people & I am no exception, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that album! The other album of theirs I really enjoy is Once Upon A Time. Alive and Kicking & All the Things She Said are just brilliant singles. Great band.
icehouse1
How bizarre that bassm99 & bass freak should both submit the same Simple Minds tab for This Earth That You Walk Upon! Great minds and all that????
icehouse1
PS. I'm a New Gold Dream & Sons And Fascination/Sister Feelings Call lover!
Great to see bassm99 tabbing from the latter.
bass freak
No great mind on my part! I have a Simple Mind and not in a good way!! It is bizarre that I submit a tab the same time as bassm99. I couldn't find any more New Gold Dream tabs so I thought I would find tabs from other albums and submit them. I only got one done as you can see, family stuff got in the way. I've always loved This Earth That You Walk Upon, it just has this very hypnotic rhythm. Just LOVE Derek Forbes' bass to this! I know there are other tabs to songs from Sons And Fascination on the net so I want to get them in here asap.

Reply to this thread