0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Two things i have trouble wiith. Ghost notes and Slap bass.

tomc16

YES Roundabout has some really good bass with ghost notes. I find it a challenge to play that song. In fact i find it really frigging difficult. It really pisses me off actually. I want to play it. I want to get to that level of playing. Some day perhaps. Thanks Loudlon. Just messing with things. Learning new things is good. Not playing your bass is bad.

scar tissue has ghost notes but sometimes you don't hear them but it is more about rhythm like what Loudlon said.
johnny880
Quote:
YES Roundabout has some really good bass with ghost notes. I find it a challenge to play that song. In fact i find it really frigging difficult. It really pisses me off actually. I want to play it. I want to get to that level of playing. Some day perhaps. Thanks Loudlon. Just messing with things. Learning new things is good. Not playing your bass is bad.scar tissue has ghost notes but sometimes you don't hear them but it is more about rhythm like what Loudlon said.
If your talking about the Chili Peppers. I am not a fan. I hate his voice. He sucks. But Flea is a awesome bass player. He would really kick ass in a different band. Only my pov…
2nick3
Quote:
If your talking about the Chili Peppers. I am not a fan. I hate his voice. He sucks. But Flea is a awesome bass player. He would really kick ass in a different band. Only my pov…

Kiedis is a bit rough - I don't mind his voice and his lyrics are pretty good. Well, he had nowhere to go but up after “True Men Don't Kill Coyote”. I won't link to the video - it really needs to be a conscious decision to go there. “Hoo Lord…”

Flea has played on PLENTY of other stuff - including a few solo releases. I still love the lick on Bust A Move, and there's always You Oughta Know.
johnny880
Quote:
Quote: If your talking about the Chili Peppers. I am not a fan. I hate his voice. He sucks. But Flea is a awesome bass player. He would really kick ass in a different band. Only my pov… Kiedis is a bit rough - I don't mind his voice and his lyrics are pretty good. Well, he had nowhere to go but up after “True Men Don't Kill Coyote”. I won't link to the video - it really needs to be a conscious decision to go there. “Hoo Lord…”Flea has played on PLENTY of other stuff - including a few solo releases. I still love the lick on Bust A Move, and there's always You Oughta Know.
You see i would not have known that. I dont follow the band because i dont like the singer. If it hurts my ears i wont listen to it. I am sure its the same for all of you. We all have are likes and dislikes. Each to there own taste. And thats the way it should be. I think i might check out some of Fleas other music however…
LoudLon [moderator]
Speaking of Flea and ghost notes, there's a ton of 'em in his track for You Oughta Know. I believe the master track is available on youtube.

Reply to this thread