0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Quick Question

PinchAndStab
There's two artist entries for The Beatles, which one are we supposed to use? The Beatles or Beatles?
90% of all tabs are listed under Beatles, but it pains me to submit tabs with incorrect artist names lol. Which one would you use?
LP
The Beatles
mr zee
Quite a few of us that tab have made the mistake of entering band names omitting “The”, me included. Perhaps it could be possible to amalgamate them under one heading which is prefixed The or allow the tabber to go back and add The themselves.
LoudLon [moderator]
I feel you, pinch. I'm a stickler for proper band names as well, and in this case, the proper band name is “The Beatles.”
what lon said
LoudLon [moderator]
Quote:
Quite a few of us that tab have made the mistake of entering band names omitting “The”, me included. Perhaps it could be possible to amalgamate them under one heading which is prefixed The or allow the tabber to go back and add The themselves.

It would be nice, but in the case of songs with multiple versions, I think it would completely baffle the system. Say we have three versions of one song under “Beatles” and three versions of that same song under “The Beatles”. Trying to amalgamate them all under “The Beatles”, I don't think the system would be able to differentiate, and would make all the versions link back to the very first one. Much like the punctuation glitch that many of us have encountered.
Marko1960
I have the same problem with the band The The, is it The The The or just The The?
Okay so the general consensus is to use the official name even though the other entry is more popular? Cool, will do

Just “The The”
mr zee
I think you should use The Beatles as that is the correct name. I think people looking for tabs would use both entries though. I do.
mr zee
Just noticed that my version of U.K. Subs city of the dead only appears on my profile page so I have resubmitted it as uk subs
MotorMog
Quote:
Just noticed that my version of U.K. Subs city of the dead only appears on my profile page so I have resubmitted it as uk subs

U.K. Subs would be the correct spelling of the band name matey, but I would also go with UK Subs for the artist name.

Unless you wanna go with the United Kingdom Subversives

Reply to this thread