0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Cancer sucks

2nick3
Got a gig I really don't want to have to play coming up on Tuesday - a memorial service at church for our former worship leader. He was an exceptional bassist, drummer, keyboardist and vocalist, all that on top of being one of the best people you could get to spend time with.

Every time I played with him I'd learn something new, and he always challenged me to be better than I thought I could be, coaching me along the way, always uplifting even when I wasn't able to do what he was looking for. I'm easily 2x the player I was for the year and a half I got to work with him.

The band in heaven got a boost with him joining, but he will be missed here, as a friend and as a musician.
LoudLon [moderator]
Very sorry to hear about your friend, man. It's always the good ones, you know? I can imagine it's a tough gig to play, but think of it as an opportunity to honor his memory by showing what you learned from him. Best wishes to his friends and family.
Guinny
Cancer does suck.

Sounds like he appreciated you as much as you appreciate him. While your heart will be filled with sorrow, try to enjoy what you'll be doing. I'm sure your friend will be smiling knowing he taught you well.
Marko1960
Nick, you have to play this gig and you have to hold your head up and be proud to be a part of a fine send off for a man who's clearly been such an inspiration to you, now go and give the best performance, we are all behind you
IamMark
Make sure your amp is plugged in.
Marko1960
Quote:
Haha
2nick3
Quote:

If you knew how many issues we had getting the sound to work at the first rehearsal that wouldn't be funny. But then with 4 vocalists, acoustic guitar, electric guitar, keyboards, drums, woodwinds and a cello (and me on bass - almost forgot) we were having problems finding enough microphones, DI boxes and ports on the mixing board to go around.

The electric guitarist and drummer had done some jazz/blues trio stuff with Randy (who the memorial is for), and started playing some stuff from those sets. I did my best to play along, and got the chord changes down pretty quickly, but I'm not all that good at improvising so my stuff was pretty generic.

2nick3
Very powerful and moving service last night. More people than we expected came - there was a scramble to find more chairs for everyone. No issues with the sound, and the band was definitely more than the sum of the parts. That's something Randy always strived for with us, so very appropriate.
no offence but kinda weird that on a tab site theres a forum called cancer sucks
Quote:
no offence but kinda weird that on a tab site theres a forum called cancer suck sorry for ur loss though may he rest in heaven (or hell if that's were rock people go)
MotorMog
Quote:
Quote: no offence but kinda weird that on a tab site theres a forum called cancer suck sorry for ur loss though may he rest in heaven (or hell if that's were rock people go)

Wow that's some entrance to make for your first post , I'm sure you think your being a smart arse but it's not coming over that way in the slightest

Reply to this thread